Lance Briggs Wants A Trade

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Can you believe the Bears are going to let him go?

He's a good linebacker. Think they will a hole in their D without him?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can tell his body is starting to fall apart. He wants to get paid while he has any sort of leverage. He won't get a damn thing though. They are not going to pay him nor trade him (at least until the off season)

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will not trade him, they will not pay him. He has 3 years under his current contract left. His only real bargaining leverage is the fact they don't have anything behind him. With that being said he did what he was supposed to and said i am 100% a bear as long as I am a bear. As long as that really happens maybe they restructure his deal in the offseason

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Briggs is a good player but is really whining a lot. He did this exact same thing three years ago. Like PFT said, if he wanted a new deal now, he should've only taken a three-year deal the last time around. I'm not always against giving guys new contracts before their current deal is up but on this one I am. Briggs needs to shut up and play.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Briggs isn't going anywhere. He has 3 years left on his contract, and it was frontloaded like a son of a *****. He's already collected like 2/3 of the total, he's probably broke lol, this is the same dude that smoked his Lamborghini and left it chilling on the bridge. He has zero leverage at this point. The Bears will just tell him to suck it up and deal with it, and he will. What is Lance Briggs without Brian Urlacher? Just an average, decent linebacker. Teams know this. The Bears might let him test the waters, and he will soon find out that he doesn't get the attention he thinks he will.

Point is, Briggs is a Bear, and will be a Bear.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can give them a case of Schlitz returnable bottles for him, they are collecting dust under the north end zone stands from the Dan Devine days..

Seriously, I doubt with who the Packers have at LB, if he could even make our club.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Briggs isn't going anywhere. He has 3 years left on his contract, and it was frontloaded like a son of a *****. He's already collected like 2/3 of the total, he's probably broke lol, this is the same dude that smoked his Lamborghini and left it chilling on the bridge. He has zero leverage at this point. The Bears will just tell him to suck it up and deal with it, and he will. What is Lance Briggs without Brian Urlacher? Just an average, decent linebacker. Teams know this. The Bears might let him test the waters, and he will soon find out that he doesn't get the attention he thinks he will.

Point is, Briggs is a Bear, and will be a Bear.
Briggs is a dope. He's pulled this stunt once before and got his contract. He thinks it'll work again? What ticks me off is when he signed his last extension he was paid market value over the length of the contract. Now that the frontloaded part is past, he feels he is being underpaid now. I didn't hear him *****ing the past three years he was getting paid the frontloaded money that was well over market value.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
We can give them a case of Schlitz returnable bottles for him, they are collecting dust under the north end zone stands from the Dan Devine days..

Seriously, I doubt with who the Packers have at LB, if he could even make our club.

Wow, seriously? One of the wrongest statements I've seen in a while. (edited by PackersRS: Really? Was there any reason to resort to offenses?)

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think they will trade him either.

But if he wants more money, I doubt he will give it 100% on the field this season.

Cutler is already hinting to Roy Williams being a mistake (why in the hell did they want him anyway?)

I can't wait to watch them fall apart cause the Bears still suck!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I bet ESPN says he will go to the Eagles and send them over the top making them the Super Bowl favorites for the next 5 years.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a hold out last season too, demanding a trade. He sucks. Soon him and Ur-lakr will have a combined age of infinite.

Members online

Latest posts