LaFleur Era Officially Gets Started

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If we draft Metcalf at 12 and then Campbell at 30 we could sing that song to the rest of the league because it would be over for the rest of the league.

Gute likes to DOUBLE DOWN.

D

Deleted member 6794

Why doesn't he wait to address the team after the draft to include the new players??

Because the offseason program started on April 8. LaFleur will definitely address the rookies once they arrive in Green Bay.

If we draft Metcalf at 12 and then Campbell at 30 we could sing that song to the rest of the league because it would be over for the rest of the league.

It would be a terrible idea to draft two receivers with our first round picks.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are NO MORE QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED. I have thoroughly laid out the players I like and why. Other people have laid out there's. Some like some don't.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Why not go "on record" and put your players on display in "Amish 53rd Annual Draft Contest"? I honestly don't know who you want besides Metcalf & Campbell.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Metcalf is not going in the top 15, IMHO.

And while the Pack could use a WR, there are more glaring deficiencies on the OL and at S.

As far as the #12 pick, you take the best player available, period. In this year's draft, that's not going to be a WR.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Metcalf is not going in the top 15, IMHO.

And while the Pack could use a WR, there are more glaring deficiencies on the OL and at S.

As far as the #12 pick, you take the best player available, period. In this year's draft, that's not going to be a WR.

Metcalf if he was able to run in his underwear in a straight line down the field would be a monster, but unfortunately that isn't how the NFL works. But I am glad he is getting talked about so much because AJ Brown isn't getting as much love as he should be getting so I hope he falls to 30.

I think DK will be a poor mans Dez Bryant, make some noise for a short time because he is so gifted physically, but fall off.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of things stood out to me. First of all I agree that he appeared to be much more comfortable at this presser than the previous ones.
He looks like a guy who just got some shiny new toys to play with.
I liked what he said several times. That he wants the guys to have fun. "It's a game. They should be having fun".

Course if they're winning, it naturally becomes fun.

Looking forward to seeing what other toys he'll have to play with after the draft.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of things stood out to me. First of all I agree that he appeared to be much more comfortable at this presser than the previous ones.
I liked what he said several times. That he wants the guys to have fun. "It's a game. They should be having fun".

Looking forward to seeing what other toys he'll have to play with after the draft.
Yeah, I like having fun the natural way.

H

HardRightEdge

I propose a wager. I say Gutekunst will not take a WR at #12 nor will he take two WRs over the course of day 1 and day 2. Care to take the opposite side of that proposition?

The loser will have to stay off this forum for one week from the time the proposition is settled, through either midnight on May 2 or May 3 as the case may be.

In the unlikely event there is a dispute over whether a player is in fact a WR, that is to be settled by the primary position assignment here:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/WR?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL

Last edited by a moderator:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose a wager. I say Gutekunst will not take a WR at #12 nor will he take two WRs over the course of day 1 and day 2. Care to take the opposite side of that proposition?

The loser will have to stay off this forum for one week from the time the proposition is settled, through either midnight on May 2 or May 3 as the case may be.

In the unlikely event there is a dispute over whether a player is in fact a WR, that is to be settled by the primary position assignment here:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/WR?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL
A forced time-out? That's pretty harsh...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I don't trust the Packers at this point in time so I am not making any wagers what I think they should do.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
taking 5 DB's over 4 years is too many, but taking 5 WR's in 2 years, recipe for success

H

HardRightEdge

I don't trust the Packers at this point in time so I am not making any wagers what I think they should do.
Oh. So you don't really think Gutekunst will "DOUBLE DOWN"? Refresh my memory...didn't you used to have "In Gute We Trust" as the tag line on your posts?
A forced time-out? That's pretty harsh...
I would have preferred not to see 100 posts on why Gutekunst is an idiot for not going fantasy league in this draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh. So you don't really think Gutekunst will "DOUBLE DOWN"? Refresh my memory...didn't you used to have "In Gute We Trust" as the tag line on your posts?

Until they make a hard move to improve the offense(they haven't in years) I am not wagering on them doing so.

H

HardRightEdge

Until they make a hard move to improve the offense(they haven't in years) I am not wagering on them doing so.
I heard you the first time. And the previous 10 times. It might have been 100 times but I don't read them all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed and an offense that was loaded for a decade and even up until last year had Jordy, Cobb, Adams as your top passing targets and despite not being able to win with offense in multiple big games, some guy still wonders why we drafted defense?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There will Be NO MORE INSANITY FOR ME!!!! I will still give takes per the request of some but I will NO LONGER DWELL IN THE INSANITY OF CERTAIN PEOPLE!!! It is a complete waste of time.

Some of you are ON YOUR OWN!!!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

they took down a lot of pictures of the historic teams, repainted, and added additional lighting, to change things up and give a new vibe. i like it. to paraphrase him he said the history was important but it's about the current team making history.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insanity was thinking anything had changed in the past couple months. Shame on me.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will Be NO MORE INSANITY FOR ME!!!! I will still give takes per the request of some but I will NO LONGER DWELL IN THE INSANITY OF CERTAIN PEOPLE!!! It is a complete waste of time.

Some of you are ON YOUR OWN!!!
We aren’t on our own... but you may be lol.

Members online

Latest posts