LaFleur Era Officially Gets Started

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur will address the full team for the first time today and he says his first speech to the team will be 'heartfelt'

Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan who are LaFLeur's close friends have been through their own first speech to their team:

"He's going to be nervous, man. I was nervous" McVay said. "It was a nervous excitement. We've talked about it. The thing that I think's great about Matt is that he's authentic. He'll do a great job. I wish I was going to be in that meeting. I can't wait to hear how it goes"

Corey Linsley who has met with LaFleur a number of times since he was hired says the reality is simple: LaFleur is the boss and it's his job to do as he is told.

"Coach LaFleur seems like a awesome guy. I feel like the whole team is really going to vibe with this guy. But for that first team meeting, I kind of laugh when people ask, 'What do you want to hear?' I don't really care. I'm here to take orders, you know? I'm looking forward to working with him and working with the whole staff. I'm just excited to get to work"

So what do we think LaFleur's first line of his speech will be? Will he say what Mike Ditka said to his Bears team: "We are going to win a Super Bowl here, but a lot of you are not going to be around for it"

Or will LaFleur take the Lombardi approach: "I've never been with a losing team in my life and I don't think I'll start now."

I think McVay is correct and that Matt will just be his "authentic" self. I think that will be a winning way to be.

Let's get this thing started!

#GoPackGo!

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should keep it simple and to the point.

"Good evening, Team! I'm happy to be here. This will be a whole new offence and we'll have a fresh start this year. Now I hand over to AR12 to take you through the rest of offence...and may some defence too"

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur:

"The best teams I've been on, it's felt like a extension of your family. I want these guys to have that sense of belonging and to care about one another and play for the man next to him. I think that's how you get the most out of people"

I think Coach LaFleur is going to do just fine.:tup:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt LaFleur will address the full team for the first time today and he says his first speech to the team will be 'heartfelt'

Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan who are LaFLeur's close friends have been through their own first speech to their team:

"He's going to be nervous, man. I was nervous" McVay said. "It was a nervous excitement. We've talked about it. The thing that I think's great about Matt is that he's authentic. He'll do a great job. I wish I was going to be in that meeting. I can't wait to hear how it goes"

Corey Linsley who has met with LaFleur a number of times since he was hired says the reality is simple: LaFleur is the boss and it's his job to do as he is told.

"Coach LaFleur seems like a awesome guy. I feel like the whole team is really going to vibe with this guy. But for that first team meeting, I kind of laugh when people ask, 'What do you want to hear?' I don't really care. I'm here to take orders, you know? I'm looking forward to working with him and working with the whole staff. I'm just excited to get to work"

So what do we think LaFleur's first line of his speech will be? Will he say what Mike Ditka said to his Bears team: "We are going to win a Super Bowl here, but a lot of you are not going to be around for it"

Or will LaFleur take the Lombardi approach: "I've never been with a losing team in my life and I don't think I'll start now."

I think McVay is correct and that Matt will just be his "authentic" self. I think that will be a winning way to be.

Let's get this thing started!

#GoPackGo!

I'm cautiously optimistic. The proof will be in the pudding, of course.

I imagine some will be calling for his head halfway through the first quarter of the first pre-season game, but that's how it goes.....:D

OP
OP
InGuteWeTrust

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"It was a honor to stand in front of this great group of men today for the first time. We are excited to get to work" #GoPackGo #Packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. The proof will be in the pudding, of course.

I imagine some will be calling for his head halfway through the first quarter of the first pre-season game, but that's how it goes.....:D
Don't talk about rodell that way

H

HardRightEdge

Matt LaFleur:

"The best teams I've been on, it's felt like a extension of your family. I want these guys to have that sense of belonging and to care about one another and play for the man next to him. I think that's how you get the most out of people"
Saying that is easy. Selling it is the hard part.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"It was a honor to stand in front of this great group of men today for the first time. We are excited to get to work" #GoPackGo #Packers
this was just before he told rodgers not to be the problem. lol

jokes aside i'm looking forward to the season, something new. now the draft...if it will ever get here.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No names.

Those who panic early on out themselves anyway....I remember a thread on March 11th this year lamenting that the Packers hadn't signed any free agents yet.

And March 11th the year before that and march 11th the year before that...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Have you considered the possibility that you don't know who the right guys are?

I know one thing and that's the PEANUT GALLERY on here is about as CLUELESS AS THEY COME when it comes to some of this stuff.

SAME STUPID **** EVERY YEAR and then we wonder why WE GET THE SAME RESULT.

I can't live in the INSANITY OF IT ANYMORE!

I'm gonna go down to TITLETOWN for the draft but I have altered my expectations.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one thing and that's the PEANUT GALLERY on here is about as CLUELESS AS THEY COME when it comes to some of this stuff.

SAME STUPID **** EVERY YEAR and then we wonder why WE GET THE SAME RESULT.

I can't live in the INSANITY OF IT ANYMORE!

I'm gonna go down to TITLETOWN for the draft but I have altered my expectations.

You did everything except respond to the question.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You did everything except respond to the question.

There are NO MORE QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED. I have thoroughly laid out the players I like and why. Other people have laid out there's. Some like some don't.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

H

HardRightEdge

There are NO MORE QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED. I have thoroughly laid out the players I like and why. Other people have laid out there's. Some like some don't.

We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Members online

Latest posts