LaDainian Tomlinson

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Someone was going to do it. I'm beating them to the punch.

We got a thread on Larry Johnson for God's sakes, i'm sure someone soon was going to make a case for LT. I'm not that guy.

Anywho, do you want LT?

Your answer should be this:
NO!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worth the money, we already have a better 30 yr old RB sitting on our roster, no I don't mean Ahman Green... Ryan Grant sets the bar for being a washed up RB at age 27.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worth the money, we already have a better 30 yr old RB sitting on our roster, no I don't mean Ahman Green... Ryan Grant sets the bar for being a washed up RB at age 27.
So much bitterness and hate... Towards a ND alumni, of all people!

As I said, LT would be the best 3rd down back in the NFL... But he doesn't want to be paid as such, and doesn't want to play as such.

so

NO

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
avg 3.3 yards a carry last season? No thanks. Not even for min contract.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's possible he takes a role player position in Minnesota next year? They'll probably release Chester Taylor and they'll be looking for a good, veteran 3rd down back. LT might take a diminished role to play for a Super Bowl contender.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much bitterness and hate... Towards a ND alumni, of all people!

As I said, LT would be the best 3rd down back in the NFL... But he doesn't want to be paid as such, and doesn't want to play as such.

so

NO

Haha just joshin with the people here with this forum. Grant's got my respect for the next season. Just tryin to point out that we don't need LT.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we not want LT, he is a great Screen back and that is something we are really missing, if we could run screens with the run and pass and get it all together. It would be scary

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LT is great and all and a good guy, but signing him or any other older RB is only going to delay the development of a RB to take Ryan Grants place after next year or so.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's possible he takes a role player position in Minnesota next year? They'll probably release Chester Taylor and they'll be looking for a good, veteran 3rd down back. LT might take a diminished role to play for a Super Bowl contender.
Taylor is a free agent. So they don't have to release him. If he goes I could easily see MN picking up LT. Good 3rd down back, and good catching out of the backfield. I think Taylor has a few more years in him then LT though. LT wants a ring. It's no longer all about the money.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha an LJ thread?? Didn't see that one. But, like most have posted so far, I don't think LT will work with us, he might ask for too much money and a large role in our offense, which is definitely not the direction we want to go. B/c that's what we want, another old guy trying to get things his way

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what about leon washington? isnt he a free agent this year? i know im dreaming about getting these guys in here, i think both of them want big money which we wont give out

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He said wants to go to a team with a real chance of winning the SB

But I dont think he can be a starter....

Vikings will be willing to pay

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no! I'd rather upgrade the O-line so that we don't need world beaters to consistently gain rushing yards.

Besides - LT is no Brett Favre.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said wants to go to a team with a real chance of winning the SB

But I dont think he can be a starter....

Vikings will be willing to pay

What the hell would the Vikings want with LT? Chester Taylor is a much better option and is due to be re-signed.

When will people realize O-lines make running backs productive???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What the hell would the Vikings want with LT? Chester Taylor is a much better option and is due to be re-signed.

IF Chester is let go....that was my thought process

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing with LT is that he has yet to win anything. I can see him signing with a team that has a shot at the Super Bowl for less money than say the lions.

I can see LT signing with Green Bay for less money, we are one of the few contenders for a Super Bowl that is not loaded at the running back position. He has a better chance at getting playing time and a shot at the big dance with the Packers than he does on other teams.

I am not saying it will happen, especially with Green still in the mix. But I see a remote possibility.

I just don't see LT signing with a team like the lions at this point in his career, the team has to have a shot.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I have to agree with Haus here. Chester Taylor is way better than LT. Why would they spend money on LT instead of spending money to resign a much better player. Makes no sense.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Haus here. Chester Taylor is way better than LT. Why would they spend money on LT instead of spending money to resign a much better player. Makes no sense.

From what I hears Taylor wants to be a starter

And that wont happen with AP there

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
From what I hears Taylor wants to be a starter

And that wont happen with AP there
I think Taylor knows he is more then likely not going to be a starter. He was making close to starter money in MN. ($14.1 million over 4 years) He will be 31 this fall, and though he can start with many teams I think he knows it won't be for very long. The question is, does he feel they Vikings can pay him enough, and does he have chance at a ring in MN as opposed to being a starter in say Detroit? What would you do?

Latest posts