LaCanfora NFC North Preview-9-7 might be enough to win crappy division

garyhogeboomsghost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...lls-and-ravens-caught-in-crosshairs-and-more/

^^^Full Article above. LaCanfora doesn't think much of our division this year, referring to it as the "mediocre and bumbling NFC North." He says 9-7 or 10-6 should be more than enough to leave everyone else behind in the dust. Here's a snippet:

The Packers have picked a fight with Aaron Rodgers by continuing to neglect their offensive shortcomings, reaching and trading up to draft his replacement much sooner than they needed to, thereby creating a self-imposed two-year window to win with their current starter and ignoring pass catchers by and large at a time when they were being selected at a record rate. The Lions brass was already informed a year ago – publicly and privately by the Ford family– that they'd best improve on their sorry 2019 results or else. The Vikings coach and GM are entering a lame duck year after a disappointing 2019, and the Bears should thank Bill O'Brien for his moronic off-season exploits, lest their decision-makers would be getting more buried then they already are. Nick Foles anyone???

Green Bay was quite fortunate in my estimation – and in that of numerous evaluators and scouts I have chatted with – to finish where it did a year ago. The Packers lost a stud tackle and haven't upgraded much on offense, are stuck with a defensive coordinator who many would have moved on from, and now have an increasingly angry and egocentric Rodgers on their hands (sidenote: remember when Brett Favre was the angry, petulant diva QB and Rodgers was the humble, hardworking QB? Seems a long time ago now, doesn't it Green Bay fans?) Godspeed.

OP
OP
garyhogeboomsghost

garyhogeboomsghost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find myself fascinated by the NFC North these days.

Every head coach and GM/executive in the division is either already on notice that change may be in the air, or, in the case of the Packers, has gone out of their way to put themselves on notice by their recent actions. The baffling moves and strange decisions have occurred in droves. Handicap this group as you wish.

^^^I have to admit I chuckled at that opening, lol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO....havent read that much ignorance in a while....oh wait nevermind it is the days post draft on this forum....

Members online

Latest posts