1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

L Blount

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by lambeaulambo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    The Steelers released him as he strolled off the field early. Seems to have some trouble sticking. In New England he looked the part of being a beast. I think he could help. Thoughts?

2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    I don't want him on the Packers team.
    The guy has issues best suited for a team like the Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,663
    No, thanks. Our backfield is fine with Lacy, Starks and Harris.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    How about replacing Kuhn?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,663
    I don´t think there´s any reason to get rid of Kuhn during this season to bring in a guy not familiar with the Packers playbook and quits on the team if he doesn´t get enough playing time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    I'd miss hearing the Kuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhn!! too much.

And besides, he contributes a lot of behind the scenes type stuff to the team.
    I think it was LTF that posted a great article showing this.

7. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Blount's problems are NOT on the field... the guy is a turd and punk, who pouts and creates locker room friction wherever he goes. Absolutely not!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Replacing a fullback with a running back, especially one of our best blockers? There's so many reasons that this move doesn't make sense. It starts with not having a need for another RB. Then there is his attitude, which is not of the Green Bay ilk. His lack of knowledge about our scheme is another big issue. Releasing one of our veteran RBs is likely to create locker room turmoil and anger itself.

I see very little upside but lots of downside with such a transaction

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Why? Where is the need for him? Because people know his name?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +522
    I second El Guapo, Although it's prudent to explore alternatives to any project.. The maturity of our team and the current solid moral could be compromised by Blount's presence. Add to that, Kuhn is efficient, Lacy and Starks are a solid duo.. And Harris, he's getting better by the week on ST and I think he's good enough to compete at #2 RB spot, so we have 3 above average RBs now and an experienced Short yardage/blocker in Kuhn. The "bird in hand" concept comes to mind. I think barring a catastrophe we sit pat

11. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Besides the off the field problems, I really don't see any need for him.

12. AlabamaPackerCracker

AlabamaPackerCracker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Not interested in Blount. Not only is he not an upgrade for our backfield, he has major character issues. If neither Bill Belichick and the Patriots nor the Steelers could calm him down, that tells me all I need to know about how he'd fit in the locker room

• Like Like x 1
  13. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    The heck would we want that idiot on our team for? We're rolling.

14. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    No way. Lacy, Starks and Harris are completely fine with me. We are rolling right now and I've seen the guys taking photos with each other, laughing and everything seems to be all good in Packer Land (Granted, we don't know what always goes on in the locker room) but from the outside looking in, the team is happy AND winning. I don't want anyone who could have a bad attitude and bring friction. Don't fix it if it's not broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    In what role do you see him helping? Special teams? Kick returner? Tackling dummy? Replacing an uninjurred RB such as Starks, Kuhn, or Harris? Can he be a TE or ILB? I'm just curious as to how you view him as an upgrade to the active roster.

16. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    We're on a roll, we have good team chemistry, and we have a good backfield. Now you want to bring in a marginal distraction player who by pretty much all accounts in Pittsburgh was a big disruption to team chemistry. Not to mention we'd have to release someone on the current active roster just to make room for him.

I can't see how this makes sense on any level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I was wondering how long it would take to get a thread on him..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    damn TT was too cheap to bring this guy in.

who cares if he gives drugs to our rookies. Who cares if he is late for the team bus?
    Who cares if he complains to his teammates about the coaching?

The fact is he once did well and I heard of him. We should have signed him.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    AAAAMMMMEN! Pointless as he has signed back with the Pats but I don't want that clown anywhere near our locker room. Head case.

21. Cheddar2014

Cheddar2014 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I would have played a Belichick card and signed him then cut him after we play them. Totally agree he has issues, most divas do, but he's a physical LARGE RB that may gouge our line in a few weeks. No one gets more out of these types of players than Beli and I hope I am completely wrong when they come to town.

We all want the physical/attitude player as opposed to the finesse players that get mauled but then sour on them when the "I" rears its ugly head. Same was said of other players...Carter, Moss, Lynch are the first that come to mind. Uncoachable some said.

God I hope I'm wrong (nightmares of Hawk getting embarrassed), please God!

22. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +255
    He just got fired for complaining about not getting carries....................... We have a talented Harris already in the ranks waiting... If we were to open up a roster spot, I would be curious who we should drop to add this 5th string RB???

COME ON MAN!!!:)

23. Cheddar2014

Cheddar2014 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Goodson is the easy choice...still don't understand how he is on the squad. Tolzien, not going to play this year. B Jones is everyone's punching bag. Almost forgot about Bradford. Pick a dead spot!

Heck, put Blount back on KO and show me the guy willing to tackle him with a head of steam. Gives new meaning to crunch time.

Again, just a thought to sign then drop is an issue which I'm sure he would be. Likely wouldn't consider GB unless claimed off waivers. Given the choice no way he would come to GB anyway, obviously.

Creative roster shuffling is not a front office strong suit to me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  24. Cheddar2014

Cheddar2014 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    6' 250 is Kuhn size and I would go 2back split with Lacy and Blount inside the 5 and let the defense figure out which one to go after.

I'm still waiting for Belichick to draft the 7' college center and use him as a wideout inside the 5....