L Blount

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers released him as he strolled off the field early. Seems to have some trouble sticking. In New England he looked the part of being a beast. I think he could help. Thoughts?

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers released him as he strolled off the field early. Seems to have some trouble sticking. In New England he looked the part of being a beast. I think he could help. Thoughts?
I don't want him on the Packers team.
The guy has issues best suited for a team like the Raiders.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, thanks. Our backfield is fine with Lacy, Starks and Harris.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blount's problems are NOT on the field... the guy is a turd and punk, who pouts and creates locker room friction wherever he goes. Absolutely not!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replacing a fullback with a running back, especially one of our best blockers? There's so many reasons that this move doesn't make sense. It starts with not having a need for another RB. Then there is his attitude, which is not of the Green Bay ilk. His lack of knowledge about our scheme is another big issue. Releasing one of our veteran RBs is likely to create locker room turmoil and anger itself.

I see very little upside but lots of downside with such a transaction

Reaction score
I second El Guapo, Although it's prudent to explore alternatives to any project.. The maturity of our team and the current solid moral could be compromised by Blount's presence. Add to that, Kuhn is efficient, Lacy and Starks are a solid duo.. And Harris, he's getting better by the week on ST and I think he's good enough to compete at #2 RB spot, so we have 3 above average RBs now and an experienced Short yardage/blocker in Kuhn. The "bird in hand" concept comes to mind. I think barring a catastrophe we sit pat

Reaction score
Not interested in Blount. Not only is he not an upgrade for our backfield, he has major character issues. If neither Bill Belichick and the Patriots nor the Steelers could calm him down, that tells me all I need to know about how he'd fit in the locker room

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Lacy, Starks and Harris are completely fine with me. We are rolling right now and I've seen the guys taking photos with each other, laughing and everything seems to be all good in Packer Land (Granted, we don't know what always goes on in the locker room) but from the outside looking in, the team is happy AND winning. I don't want anyone who could have a bad attitude and bring friction. Don't fix it if it's not broken.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In what role do you see him helping? Special teams? Kick returner? Tackling dummy? Replacing an uninjurred RB such as Starks, Kuhn, or Harris? Can he be a TE or ILB? I'm just curious as to how you view him as an upgrade to the active roster.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're on a roll, we have good team chemistry, and we have a good backfield. Now you want to bring in a marginal distraction player who by pretty much all accounts in Pittsburgh was a big disruption to team chemistry. Not to mention we'd have to release someone on the current active roster just to make room for him.

I can't see how this makes sense on any level.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn TT was too cheap to bring this guy in.

who cares if he gives drugs to our rookies. Who cares if he is late for the team bus?
Who cares if he complains to his teammates about the coaching?

The fact is he once did well and I heard of him. We should have signed him.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have played a Belichick card and signed him then cut him after we play them. Totally agree he has issues, most divas do, but he's a physical LARGE RB that may gouge our line in a few weeks. No one gets more out of these types of players than Beli and I hope I am completely wrong when they come to town.

We all want the physical/attitude player as opposed to the finesse players that get mauled but then sour on them when the "I" rears its ugly head. Same was said of other players...Carter, Moss, Lynch are the first that come to mind. Uncoachable some said.

God I hope I'm wrong (nightmares of Hawk getting embarrassed), please God!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just got fired for complaining about not getting carries....................... We have a talented Harris already in the ranks waiting... If we were to open up a roster spot, I would be curious who we should drop to add this 5th string RB???

COME ON MAN!!!:)

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodson is the easy choice...still don't understand how he is on the squad. Tolzien, not going to play this year. B Jones is everyone's punching bag. Almost forgot about Bradford. Pick a dead spot!

Heck, put Blount back on KO and show me the guy willing to tackle him with a head of steam. Gives new meaning to crunch time.

Again, just a thought to sign then drop is an issue which I'm sure he would be. Likely wouldn't consider GB unless claimed off waivers. Given the choice no way he would come to GB anyway, obviously.

Creative roster shuffling is not a front office strong suit to me.

Last edited:

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6' 250 is Kuhn size and I would go 2back split with Lacy and Blount inside the 5 and let the defense figure out which one to go after.

I'm still waiting for Belichick to draft the 7' college center and use him as a wideout inside the 5....

Members online

Latest posts