Kyle Wilson

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State University

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfSrrGZU2k]YouTube - #1 Kyle Wilson 11 Career INTs at Boise State[/ame]

CBSsports.com analysis:
Read & React: Good anticipatory and reaction skills. Has the agility to mirror the receiver's breaks and likes to sneak a peek at the quarterback in an attempt to get a break on the ball.

Man Coverage: Good straight-line speed and the agility to stick with receivers throughout a route. Smooth hip turn. Doesn't lose speed in his transition. Competitive, but can be beaten by bigger, more physical receivers. Very good ball skills.

Zone Coverage: Has a low, tight backpedal. Good speed to maintain cushion. Quick feet to change direction efficiently and locates the ball quickly with a closing burst.

Closing/Recovery: Aggressive defender who will bait the quarterback in zone coverage and can break on the ball quickly to make the interception. Times leaps well and can snatch the pass outside of his frame. Can make the first defender miss as a returner and is an elusive runner with good vision. Sets up his blocks well and has the burst to squeeze through gaps and the breakaway speed to go the distance.

Run Support: Plays with a cover corner mentality and rarely involves himself in run support. Has only averaged seven solo tackles a season in three years as a starter, despite posting 117 total tackles through his junior season. Flashes physicality as a hitter, but is typically more of a duck-and-swipe tackler. Has taken advantage of unsuspecting and defenseless receivers catching passes over the middle.

Tackling: Duck-and-swipe tackler who prefers not to get involved in run support. Takes too long to get past the receiver's block and rarely attacks the line of scrimmage.

Intangibles: Can be antagonistic on the field and has a tendency to play through the whistle. Reportedly had a spectacular offseason in the weight room and on the practice field prior to the 2009 season. Re-dedicated himself and was characterized by the coaching staff as developing into more of a leader. Surprised many when signing with Boise State after starring at powerhouse Piscataway High School in New Jersey. Led Piscataway to three consecutive state championships, earning MVP honors of the state championship game as a junior and senior.

NFL Comparison: Dre' Bly, 49ers

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we'll get a CB in the 1st, however. I believe they'll give one more year for Pat Lee to play. And I think he either solidifies himself as a very good corner, which I think he will, or he's hurt again, and never plays in the NFL...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might not get a CB in the 1st since it probably won't be the BPA most likely when we pick, but I wouldn't complain if TT got this guy. Great player to have in zone coverage, plus is a good returner. I saw that he had his own sweet bus with him all over it. Was hilarious.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Kyle Wilson | Boise State Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect
Height: 5-10 | Weight: 186 | 40-Time: 4.40

Strengths:
Outstanding athlete --- Excellent speed --- Quick and agile --- Closes in a hurry and has a burst to recover --- Fluid hips --- Tough, physical and aggressive --- Not afraid to hit, tackle and support the run --- Terrific hands --- Good leaping ability --- Nice ball skills and body control --- Is confident and has a very short memory --- Elusive with impressive field vision --- Sound instincts and understands the game --- Energetic and plays with an edge --- Team Leader --- Can contribute as a return man.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the ideal height or bulk you look for --- Will bite on fakes and playaction --- Gives up some big plays --- Struggles to match up with bigger wideouts --- Has some trouble locating the ball --- Might have some character issues --- Didn't face a lot of premier competition.

Notes:
Was a four-year starter for the Broncos --- Named 2nd Team All-WAC in 2007 and 1st Team in both 2008 and 2009 --- Earned 2nd Team All-American honors as a senior --- Was suspended three games for a violation of team rules in 2007 --- Averaged 12.6 yards on 63 career punt returns with 3 touchdowns --- Returned two interceptions for touchdowns in 2009 --- A true playmaker in the secondary who will make quarterbacks pay dearly for their mistakes --- Might be limited to a nickel role at the next level due to his lack of prototypical size but should excel in that capacity while also being a factor on special teams.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His size bothers me but hey as a late pick he's more worth it. Some people even called this guy the Darrelle Revis of the NCAA this season for his superb coverage on the better receivers on the Boise Schedule.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His size bothers me but hey as a late pick he's more worth it. Some people even called this guy the Darrelle Revis of the NCAA this season for his superb coverage on the better receivers on the Boise Schedule.
Anyone remember Terrell Buckly or Ahmad Carroll? Both were around 5'10". Although they were good atheletes and good football players.......they pretty much got toasted when facing taller receivers. Not to mention not helping much against the run.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone remember Terrell Buckly or Ahmad Carroll? Both were around 5'10". Although they were good atheletes and good football players.......they pretty much got toasted when facing taller receivers. Not to mention not helping much against the run.
ACtually, they got burned against everybody...

It has nothing to do with height.

They simply weren't talented, and relied too much on their antecipation, thus getting killed with any pump fake.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK........Packer RS.......you are right. I was just being nice. They both sucked. LOL

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But NYPacker is right, we don't have a single CB that's shorter than 5'10" on our roster. TT does have a tendency of getting taller CB, though I disagree with the philosophy.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain why alot of people think Haden is better than this guy.????? Ok Jess......time to chime in!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Anyone care to explain why alot of people think Haden is better than this guy.????? Ok Jess......time to chime in!
Haden owned SEC receivers. Wilson comes from the WAC, which, while pass happy doesn't have nearly the talent at that position like the SEC does. Jones, like was mentioned, LaFell, among others.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score

12to85HOF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember jim leonhard? hes 5'8" and solidifying himself as a top end talent. height matters some, but is often over-hyped. remember, we picked robert ferguson over chris chambers because he was an inch taller. I think GMs need to look more at how well players perform on the field and less at how tall they are and how fast their 40 time is and how long their arms are...its all overrated garbage

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember jim leonhard? hes 5'8" and solidifying himself as a top end talent. height matters some, but is often over-hyped. remember, we picked robert ferguson over chris chambers because he was an inch taller. I think GMs need to look more at how well players perform on the field and less at how tall they are and how fast their 40 time is and how long their arms are...its all overrated garbage
The thing is, I don't care about height.

But it's a fact that during TT's tenure, he's never got a CB shorter than 5'11...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Like this guy a lot. He would step in immediately and KR and PR which would free up jordy nelson to play more WR. Also He looks like he could develop into a better starter than tramon williams or BU, obviously Jarret bush has got to go, so he could play some nickel in his rookie year as well. This guy is projected anywhere from middle 1st to late 2nd round, so depending on how the draft goes, he could fall to us.

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like him. We need more players with long hair on our team.
That's what shows real talent, length of hair. haha

Members online

Latest posts