Kuhn?

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had the option, I'd keep Kuhn until he was physically unable to play anymore. People don't understand the role he plays in blocking. And not only does he know all of his assignments, he knows half of the teams assignments. He's a leader, a reason for Eddie Lacys rookie year, a reason we won a crucial game, and he's practically ARods bodyguard. Plus, who really wants the "KUHNNN" echo leaving Lambeau? How much are we really spending resigning a diminishing role player? Not very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had the option, I'd keep Kuhn until he was physically unable to play anymore. People don't understand the role he plays in blocking. And not only does he know all of his assignments, he knows half of the teams assignments. He's a leader, a reason for Eddie Lacys rookie year, a reason we won a crucial game, and he's practically ARods bodyguard. Plus, who really wants the "KUHNNN" echo leaving Lambeau? How much are we really spending resigning a diminishing role player? Not very much.

At this point, we're just "spending" a roster spot and I suspect that's the largest issue right now with him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, if the Packers don't keep Kuhn, I guess the Vikings will sign him just because he wore the Green and Yellow. :laugh:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn is so familiar with the offense and blocking scheme i'm willing to bet that has him back in Green Bay alone.

OP
OP
Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson was considered a great blocking RB also...coaches were always raving about his blocking. He also wound up being a very good 3rd down back brunt very effective running screens catching out if backfield.

I think there was more justification for keeping him than Kuhn. He might have been looking for more money I'm not sure (though he never got much more than Kunn I don't think).

OP
OP
Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think Kuhn is more of a fan favorite...people will come up with whatever they have to to justify keeping him around.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah! Let's keep a guy because he's got a chant from the fans! Forget that he made 2.5 million dollars (12th most on the team).

I'm fine with him coming back for vet minimum or close to it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I be ask a serious question?

What is the market for Kuhn outside of Green Bay? The fullback position has been mostly phased-out of the NFL (combination of spread offenses and teams not wanting to "waste" a roster spot). He's not a bulldozer. He's not an exceptionally good runner or receiver. He'll be 32 years-old by the beginning of next season. Is there a team that would really come in within an offer that blows him away?

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What is the market for Kuhn outside of Green Bay? The fullback position has been mostly phased-out of the NFL (combination of spread offenses and teams not wanting to "waste" a roster spot). He's not a bulldozer. He's not an exceptionally good runner or receiver. He'll be 32 years-old by the beginning of next season. Is there a team that would really come in within an offer that blows him away?

I doubt there will be a big market, but there's still some dumb teams out there that feel like they have to sign FAs. I think Kuhn comes back for close to vet minimum.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we keep it blocks well and may even take on bigger role with our run game.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Don't need to. they just have to offer 500k more than we're willing to pay. It's how everybody pulls the rug out from under our freeagency.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'll be breaking the bank on him, or that he'll draw a ton of interest from outside teams. I could see him pulling in around a mil a year though. He is valuable to this team still on special teams and as a FB. he does a lot of things well. he might not be the highlight reel guy, but guys that do things well have a place on a lot of winning teams. We use a FB fairly often, and don't seem to have another on the team that we use.

I wondered about using 2 RB sets without a FB or lining up a TE in the backfield, which we do at times. maybe we'd see that more. But I love our RB's, but we don't seem to have a lot of them. Lacy is a beast, Starks fills in nicely, but it seems he's not in very often anymore and Harris hasn't been able to crack the lineup all year it seems, and has been removed from kick off duties, which I don't think he was very good at anyway. Makes me think he might not be back next year either.