1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Kuhn...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Mar 13, 2013.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Kuhn is Spencer Havner without the motorcycle accident

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Only better pass blocker is Jackson, and he's not the runner Kuhn is. Which says more about Jackson than Kuhn. Our blocking system can get a bit complicated

3. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I see him as the one constant for our AR protection. The line has been terrible for years and TT doesn't want to put one more porous level of protection between the D and AR on his butt.

4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,424
    The unfortunate side is that Kuhn is not a constant in the backfield for Rodgers

5. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,831
    I like Kuhn’s veteran leadership and his overall attitude but I wish he weren’t on the roster. Nothing against him personally of course, it’s just that with the ball in his hands the chances of him making someone miss are almost zero. Wilde has a good article (linked below) about Lacy’s first game as a pro and details the mistakes he made beyond the fumble. McCarthy is quoted as saying, “My goal for him is to be a three-down player and keep him in there and keep him playing. Because when he’s in there, I mean, he’s a fine young football player. But the details – that’s the difference between winning and losing in this league.” That’s my hope too - that Lacy becomes a 3-down back - but in addition to the other details, he has to master the details regarding protecting Rodgers and that will get him on the field on third downs. If Lacy needs a breather, I’d prefer another back who can make a tackler miss come in on third down. But right now it’s Kuhn because he’s the best at picking up a blitz. It’s up to the young RBs to change that.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=9541&is_corp=1

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Lacy needs to line up his chops better, and learn to use his hands a bit more instead of immediately selling out on the chop. Harris had the same problem but cleaned that up relatively quickly. When Lacy does the same, look out. The more reps Lacy gets, the more expendable Kuhn gets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +226
    We didn't want Leach or Quinn Johnson. The coaches don't want a battering ram fullback, they want a guy who can play special teams and pass block and catch the ball occasionally. If you want to watch big battering ram fullbacks and power running games, try the vikings or the badgers.

8. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    I'd like to reiterate this forum after yesterday's boneheaded play. WHY IS KUHN ON THE ROSTER?!?! Especially at $2.5M (or whatever it is)! He's a veteran that made an unforgivable mistake on special teams and his one run was predictably only for 1-2 yards. And we don't use fullbacks in our offense. So, again, why do we bother with this guy?! If he were making the veterans minimum, I could stomach keeping him. But, his salary is outrageous and he should be cut as a result. He's easily replaceable for whatever it is that he brings to this team.

• Agree Agree x 1