KNIGHT THEORY 2012

OP
OP
K

KNIGHTTIME

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The drafts since the TT days have always been focused around defense. Going back to Harrell. Drafting Matthews and Raji in the first round...

Enough is enough. Yes, he's picked enough offense in late rounds to offset this (treats it like a crapshoot) - but the lion's share of "big money" picks has ALWAYS gone to defense. It's personal flamboyance on his end.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The drafts since the TT days have always been focused around defense. Going back to Harrell. Drafting Matthews and Raji in the first round...

Enough is enough. Yes, he's picked enough offense in late rounds to offset this (treats it like a crapshoot) - but the lion's share of "big money" picks has ALWAYS gone to defense. It's personal flamboyance on his end.
And don't forget SAVE THE WHALES!!

OP
OP
K

KNIGHTTIME

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Immediate offensive impact = SKILL position. RB, WR, TE. Thompson has never drafted one of these positions during his tenure in Round 1. That cannot be denied. I have address Rodgers several times...good pick, yet he wasn't going to play for 3 years and everyone knew that. TT refuses to draft marquee receivers.

Anyone who is going pro, can play line - only those who want to pretend they know more about football than the next guy will go on and on about how that's not true, line requires some amazing skill, etc.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Immediate offensive impact = SKILL position. RB, WR, TE. Thompson has never drafted one of these positions during his tenure in Round 1. That cannot be denied. I have address Rodgers several times...good pick, yet he wasn't going to play for 3 years and everyone knew that. TT refuses to draft marquee receivers.

Anyone who is going pro, can play line - only those who want to pretend they know more about football than the next guy will go on and on about how that's not true, line requires some amazing skill, etc.
Well, he has drafted Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings. Debatably two top ten receivers. Also Jermichael Finley. Ted is the best there is bud. Sorry.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

can't tell if you are serious or not but I'll assume you are.

TE and WR especially take years to develop. It's extremely rare for a WR to do much of anything his rookie season. The routes and timing are just too hard to get down. Other than randy moss it's hard to think of many WRs that explode year one. Even Jerry rice was below avg his rookie season.

Hutson lead the league in TDs but that was a different era and the best WR of all time.

B-ri

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you care where he drafts good players as long as he drafts good players?
You're just one of those people who like the flashy picks. You don't value D and Olineman because they're not flashy.

Oh by the way, you're not exactly a genius for predicting GB doesn't draft an offensive "immediate impact" player. Pretty much everyone knew TT needed to fill defensive holes. He didn't have many holes on offense to fill, because...well you know...all those mediocre offensive players make up the best offense in the league.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Guys, you're being taken by an internet agitator. This poster makes the same unsubstantiated argument over and over. The poster isn't worth your time and energy. He has no clue of what he's gurgling about because ANYONE who watched a Packers game last year knew full darn well that Thompson wasn't going to be looking at offense - not when you possess the single worst defense in the history of the NFL. (It's unfortunate because if the Pack's defense could have made a couple of isolated stops somewhere along the line during the season, the 2011 Patriots would hold that distinction.)

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Guys, you're being taken by an internet agitator. This poster makes the same unsubstantiated argument over and over. The poster isn't worth your time and energy. He has no clue of what he's gurgling about because ANYONE who watched a Packers game last year knew full darn well that Thompson wasn't going to be looking at offense - not when you possess the single worst defense in the history of the NFL. (It's unfortunate because if the Pack's defense could have made a couple of isolated stops somewhere along the line during the season, the 2011 Patriots would hold that distinction.)

This is whats happening.......

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This "Knight" guy has been around since last year, at least. He has operated under several variations of "knight this" or "knight God knows what."

Reaction score
Correct. For years now.

With the exception of Rodgers (who didn't play for 3 years), TT has never drafted a marquee offensive skill position in the first round.

He does this - knowing by picking enough players eligible to play professionally, one or two will turn out better than expected...then everyone thinks he is the smartest GM in history. He treats offense as a crapshoot.

The Packers haven't drafted a receiver in round 1 since Javon Walker. Every year, I make a bet with a friend that TT will skip an immediate offensive weapon in Round 1. Haven't lost yet.

Same with free agency, every year, you hear this big names thrown around...you know they won't be coming to Packland.

This is TT's personal brand of flamboyance.

TT has built the one of the best offenses in the league. Only offenses comparable are New England and the Saints. I don't see the point in complaining.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Funny stuff, next lets debate how Lambeau needs a new paint job. It seems at least one poster has their priorities mixed up. I'm okay with building a 15-2 team. I don't care how they do it, draft aliens for all I care, I'll just sit back and watch the results.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this guy is trolling, but how bout the fact that there are never awesome offensive players at the bottom of the 1st round... which is where we usually are :D and for a reason... a little thing called success

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you really believe that, you may need glasses or an updated lens prescription. The receivers are run-of-the-mill.

Okay, now I'm convinced you're just another troll. I supposed countless NFL commentators, former players and most importantly, active COACHES all need glasses as well. You're kind of a ***** fella, aren't ya?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well well, look at who was right again. KNIGHT.

Well gee... we had one of the top 3 offenses in the NFL last year. Only an idiot would have expected an offensive player in the first round. You're a *******.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Knighty-Knight? I miss him and his dumb-*** remarks. We could use him again in a couple of weeks when the hype of the draft is gone and we are left without much to discuss...

Members online

Latest posts