1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

KGB breaks Packer sack record

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Oct 5, 2007.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here it is, from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Better late than never

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila could become the answer to a trivia question.
    Who was the only Packers player to break a team record during the middle of the week?

During a team meeting, McCarthy announced to the team that the Elias Sports Bureau had credited Gbaja-Biamila with another sack in the Minnesota game, thus giving him 4½ for the season and 69 for his career, breaking the club record of 68½ held by Hall of Fame end Reggie White.

"This is truly an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Reggie White, who was an awesome person on and off the field," said Gbaja-Biamila, who was credited with three sacks in the game.

McCarthy was ready to announce the accomplishment after the Vikings game but the official scorer ruled that quarterback Kelly Holcomb's scramble for no gain was a run. The Packers submitted the play to the league for review.

Gbaja-Biamila said the extra sack was gratifying not only because it gave him the team record but also because it raised money for Freedom House, a local charity supporting homeless people. Gbaja-Biamila said he donated $1,000 for every sack he gets.

2. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    KGB has been very productive in his limited role this season. Seems to have gotten the form back that was missing last year. Congrats to him!

3. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They didn't know he broke it at the game? wow

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    He wasn't credited with the tie breaking sack until Wednesday when the tape was reviewed.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He's done pretty good for a somewhat small DE. He's a good player, and an even better person.

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations to KGB.
    I'm glad he is still on our roster.

7. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He has done better then last year because he is not on most of the running games ... his mostly there on sure passing plays where we need a fast pass rush ... that is why he is looking way better then last year ... im not saying his bad or anything ... for the role we have him in ... he is the perfect guy but only for the role i like the DT/DE rotations we have working perfectly

8. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad to see him get the record and that he is performing like he did from 2001-2004.

9. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wayne and Larry mentioned it right after the whistle blew on the radio.

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good for them. I was disappointed that the FOX announcers failed to mention it.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    But it wasn't credited until Wednesday.

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too. 8)

13. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But they didn't know what the official scorer ruled. And they turned out to be right. So good for them. I thought it was a sack too.