Key players against the Giants....

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense: Obviously the first one is Aaron Rodgers, the team will go as far as he can take them. If he is on target and makes all the necessary throws the Packers should have no trouble winning this game.

Brandon Jackson/John Kuhn: They showed signs of life against the Patriots, really for the first time all season. I think the plan needs to be pass pass pass but these guys will play a large part in this game.

Defense: The attack of Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson is huge in this game. If we can make Eli feel uncomfortable in the pocket he will start to force it and that should lead to interceptions by guys like Tramon and Nick Collins.

Im also looking forward to seeing how BJ Raji does against the dangerous running attack of Bradshaw/Jacobs. BJ needs to clog the middle to make it that much more difficult for the G-Men.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Our D-L to control their running game..

Its a must the only way they will beat us is running it

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Clifton, Josh Sitton, Scott Wells, Daryn Colledge, and Bryan Bulaga on offense.
Tramon Williams needs to shadow Nicks all day, hopefully he is getting his tape study on. BJ Raji needs to raise hell for their o-line again this week. We need Bishop and mostly Hawk not to look like fools. They have to be in the RBs back pocket all day. No false steps in the wrong direction.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chad Clifton, Josh Sitton, Scott Wells, Daryn Colledge, and Bryan Bulaga on offense.

Beat me to it... I think Manning is overrated and even though I am from NY and have to deal with Giant fans telling me it's gonna be like Burres (sp) on Harris again, it will fall onto the front 5.

If they play like garbage Harrell will be in the game because the Giants killed A Rod and Flynn... If they can protect Rodgers, Packers could rack up 31 and win with some good suffocating d.

L

Lunchboxer

Well the OL and ST for starters. Of Arron Rodgers is well protected he can throw the ball all over the place. The ST needs to play well.

animalmother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line will probably determine how this game goes for us. NY will probably hog the ball with their running attack, and we're a bend but dont break defense so I predict long drives which means we cant afford to give up opportunities when we're on offense. Our o-line was the reason Flynn had the success he did last week. We ran first and allowed Flynn to make smart passes on 2nd and 3rd and short without running for his life (that restored my faith in mccarthy). Our running game NEEDS to get going in order for our offense to be productive today. I'm hoping mccarthy learned from his successes last week. The spread passing attack may work against a team like atlanta where we have a good amount of possessions but against the giants we need to turn up points on our drives at a higher rate, and that means getting it down to 3rd and short.

GO PACK!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 points to win this game!

1. Absolutely limiting the Giants Running Game is crucial! Force them to being one-dimensional will play into the Defenses hands
  2. Hakeem Nicks is a player that ELI will rely on every passing down...MUST limit his production, that guy is easily the best receiver the Giants have had in a really long time
  3. Front 7 must fill in the gaps, with LB help to force runs back inside
  4. Aaron Rodgers must put the pressure on their Defense, get them on their heels, must dictate the pace of the game, this will help in limiting Bradshaw's & Jacob's reps
  5. Giants Pass Rush, this must be handled...our OLINE is barely above average, we will need TE's & RB's to help & Chip the outside rushers, then hit the flats for an easy completion
  6. Cofield & Canty are having a good season, Sitton better slow that guy down
  7. Woodson & Matthews MUST make ELI uncomfortable
  8. TURNOVERS..'nuff said
  9. Special Teams..'nuff said
  10. Offensive Playmakers: Jennings, Driver, Jordy, Jones, Rodgers, & even Jackson & KUUUUUHHHNNN...THEY GOTTA LEAVE EVERYTHING OUT ON THAT FIELD

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My #1 concern is the D-Line. Picket, Wilson(he starts for Jenkins, right?) and Raji all need to step up. We can't let them kill us with the run game. I want to see the defense play the run like it did last year.

kali3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key player is Aaron Rodgers. End of story. If he can stay healthy and in the game its game on. If he goes down again its over.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They gotta come out fast today and really play hard. Manning will fall apart if they can get to him nice and early. I think the LB and company have a field day on Jacobs and Bradshaw fumbles alot so I am excited for that matchup.

Latest posts