Kevin Greene

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
No one is saying he is interviewing for DC job??

Maybe with the Pack not giving him any promotion he wanted to go where there would be a chance?
Haven't seen any mention of him interviewing anywhere. Though his HOF rejection could be hiding results.

Wait, rumors to Auburn.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man LTF - this is like a giant puzzle you're dangling in front of us!

I like Greene a lot. I loved watching him play, I still remember his line about the cold prior to the 1996 championship game. I think that he's been an outstanding position coach for Green Bay, and helps provide that attitude that a defense needs. Remember him telling Clay to go be the difference maker in the Super Bowl, and a few plays later Matthews helped force the fumble on Mendenhall?

There aren't many ways for Greene to move up in the organization unless Moss and/or Capers left...or as indicated above, Green left with Capers. However, it does seem late in the coaching game to lose your DC. To answer the initial question, I would be upset as we'd be losing one of the guys that you want to keep. It actually reminds me a bit of the Jim Bates saga. He seemed like a great DC but he wanted to be the head honcho, so he split.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can honestly see Green as the D.C. next year so I'd want him to stay
Zoiks!

The guy only has 4 years as a position coach. Let him season for a few years and coach a few more positions.

I like the attitude he brings to the sideline, but I just don't see him as a 'schemer'. His promotion can be to coach all LBs or something. Have Moss move to full time assistant HC.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly has he done that would warrant a promotion? Clay has been great under him but Clay might be great under anyone because he is that natural of an athlete. Clay is also mostly a rusher, I want to know how he coaches coverage because Walden sucks in coverage though that could just be walden sucking at everything because he is not good. I wouldn't want to take credit for the rest of that linebacker group. Walden? Zombo? Awful. Perry hasn't played enough to judge him on.

I have no idea what positives or negatives he is responsible for so I really don't want to hear any calls for him to be promoted without some concrete reasons why he should be a DC.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly has he done that would warrant a promotion? Clay has been great under him but Clay might be great under anyone because he is that natural of an athlete. Clay is also mostly a rusher, I want to know how he coaches coverage because Walden sucks in coverage though that could just be walden sucking at everything because he is not good. I wouldn't want to take credit for the rest of that linebacker group. Walden? Zombo? Awful. Perry hasn't played enough to judge him on.

I have no idea what positives or negatives he is responsible for so I really don't want to hear any calls for him to be promoted without some concrete reasons why he should be a DC.

I get the impression it has less to do with Kevin and more to do with their dislike of Capers

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What exactly has he done that would warrant a promotion?
I agree that most of don't know enough about him, but I'm sure that MM and TT have a decent clue.

My only comments about how he coaches Walden and Zombo are that he's taken a #1 pick and made him into a superstar, but he has struggled to get consistent production out of two street free agents. Giving him Perry to work with, or even just a mid-rounder or two, would be a better gauge. Then again, in an ideal world you want coaches that can turn anyone into a star. Unfortunately, those coaches are rarer than rare

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that most of don't know enough about him, but I'm sure that MM and TT have a decent clue.

My only comments about how he coaches Walden and Zombo are that he's taken a #1 pick and made him into a superstar, but he has struggled to get consistent production out of two street free agents. Giving him Perry to work with, or even just a mid-rounder or two, would be a better gauge. Then again, in an ideal world you want coaches that can turn anyone into a star. Unfortunately, those coaches are rarer than rare

The question is whether he coached Clay into a star or whether he would have been one anyway. I think the latter.

Anyway, I don't see anyone advocating him leaving, just questioning whether he has done enough to warrant a promotion.

Members online

Latest posts