Kevin Greene

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know anything but lets say McCarthy goes to the Raiders and Ted Thompson goes to the Dolphins. Again, I know nothing but how pissed would you all be?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know anything but lets say McCarthy goes to the Raiders and Ted Thompson goes to the Dolphins. Again, I know nothing but how pissed would you all be?

I guess pretty ticked off considering this is suppose to be about Greene

:tup:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Greene needs to stay. When elected, he'll be the only HOF member on the Packers' staff. He should have been in the HOF by now. Look at his numbers compared to Andre Tippett.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought someone mentioned that he was planning on departing (this is from before the season) if he didn't get some kind of promotion.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO it would be a significant loss because I believe what Nick Perry needs Greene has in abundance: Attitude and experience. Of course I have no idea what their relationship is like and Greene can’t magically transfer the attitude he displayed on the field to Perry. But if Perry comes to camp with a burning desire to be great and stays healthy I think he solves a major problem on this defense. Of course ultimately Perry’s motivation is his own responsibility but I can’t think of a better coach to help him. And of course there are other OLBs that need coaching too but none would mean as much to the team as Perry could.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd rather see Winston Moss go...but, he's an Assistant Head Coach in addition to his LB coach title, so he's not going anywhere and no one seems to be coming after him to be a DC... Greene's departure would hurt, but I'd surely understand his need to move up the ranks....the guy wants to coach. The man is a maniac...you can see it in his eyes. We need maniacs coaching our defense.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather see Winston Moss go...but, he's an Assistant Head Coach in addition to his LB coach title, so he's not going anywhere and no one seems to be coming after him to be a DC... Greene's departure would hurt, but I'd surely understand his need to move up the ranks....the guy wants to coach. The man is a maniac...you can see it in his eyes. We need maniacs coaching our defense.

Couldn't agree more, I want someone like Jim Harbough on D, crazy absolutely crazy and beyond loyal to his players. If we have players with good attitude they will feed off that energy and loyalty and play hard and smart on each and every play. Greene is the closest thing we have and he seems to be a great OLB coach that I think could really help Perry like he did Matthews.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well someone seems to know more than me but when I see him leave I'll believe it. Maybe the comments he made before the season started were based on his greater expectations for the defense in 2012. The defense did improve but it's still far from being a finished product. And it failed misreably in the playoff game against SF. So his value may not be all that he thinks it is. Outside of Matthews which LB's played all that well this year? Arguably, Matthews would play very well under most LB coaches. I don't think his resume is all that strong as of yet. But the notion that he may just want to get away from Capers before he's tainted anymore is a possibility.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not really upset, especially if we change the scheme. He seems to respect Capers, but he seems enthusiastic to continue his career. I could see him as the Saints or Eagles DC. My only qualm would be replacing him if we stay 34. I want NO TYPE OF PART of Moss coaching the OLB too. I like the guy, and wish him well if he (foolishly) decides to leave.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No one is saying he is interviewing for DC job??

Maybe with the Pack not giving him any promotion he wanted to go where there would be a chance?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts