Kamerion Wimbly??

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT doesn't sign free agents...at least not recently, and I think he will command a lot of $. That being said I'd love to see him in a Packer uniform. He surely is better than the incumbents at that position.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm they ran a 4-3 I'm pretty sure but I think he could transition pretty well into our defense.

Bengals and pats should be favorites.

If Ted likes him he will make an offer but won't go overboard.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the kind of move that would make total sense for our team now that Wells and Myers have been signed, if we get an OLB in Free Agency we can focus on center in the draft. However, this won't happen, and that's just how TT does it.

What really blows my mind though is why he doesn't sign more free agents. The last time we signed two significant free agents (woodson and pickett) they became anchors of our defense. Why not try and replicate that success by delving into free agency for a upper echelon free agent?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually from what i've read the Chargers seem to be the leading candidate for Wimbley...

though I suggested him last week and think he would help

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the kind of move that would make total sense for our team now that Wells and Myers have been signed, if we get an OLB in Free Agency we can focus on center in the draft. However, this won't happen, and that's just how TT does it.

What really blows my mind though is why he doesn't sign more free agents. The last time we signed two significant free agents (woodson and pickett) they became anchors of our defense. Why not try and replicate that success by delving into free agency for a upper echelon free agent?
When we signed pick and Wood, we didn't have a deep roster. Currently we have Jennings, CM3, and a few others that should be a priority over signing any new FAs. We can sign all of our coming FAs, but I would rather have the core than players like Wimbley. That being said, I was always a Wimbley fan, I just think it will take more $ than it will be prudent to spend.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AmishMafia is dead on. TT has his hands tied this offseason because of what's coming down the pipeline. Jennings' contract is up after next season and after seeing the amount of money being dished out for lesser WR's, Jennings will cost a pretty penny. Claymaker has two years left (and Raji probably too for that matter). He's going to demand top dollar. Then, Rodgers is said to be in line for an extension soon. He's signed for a number of seasons yet, but he's obviously out-performed his current deal and TT will look to lock him down for most of his career. Succinctly, there are too many in-house studs that will need new, long, and pricey deals down the road for TT to dabble too much in FA. But, I'd rather be in this position (with another Lombardi trophy on the mantle) than desperately needing FA to build the team.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the offense the Packers have I would hate to see it wasted by not surrounding it with a better defense. Not taking the proper steps now may mean our window of opportunity slams shut.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans look towards the up coming season and never any farther.
Ted looks 5-7 years down the road.

That's what separates fanatics and the professionals.

Yup. Fans also don't realize that the best way to "Win Now" is to turn tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after, into now. You have to build a good, solid, all around team if you want to win multiple championships, and you don't accomplish that goal by gearing up for a one year run. You accomplish that through drafting and developing players and filling the occasional need through free agency, provided it's a good fit. Not all free agents are.

The only thing you can do is give yourself a chance to be competitive and make the playoffs every year, and Ted's done just that. The last four out of 5 seasons have involved no big free agency signings but have seen us make four playoff appearances, win two division championships and an NFL Championship. That's sustained success, and proof Ted's formula works.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wimbley may be cut in the near future. He was asked to take a pay cut. He's 30 now and only started one game last year. I have no clue if he has anything left in the tank, but he was an interesting prospect when he hit the market. You can never have enough rushers - assuming he can still get after it. If so, he's an interesting name about to hit the market that could be cheap, too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wimbley may be cut in the near future. He was asked to take a pay cut. He's 30 now and only started one game last year. I have no clue if he has anything left in the tank, but he was an interesting prospect when he hit the market. You can never have enough rushers - assuming he can still get after it. If so, he's an interesting name about to hit the market that could be cheap, too.

Where would you like him to play in a 3-4??? I guess his best fit would be strong side OLB where the Packers need an impact player and it´s possible he could be able to provide some upgrade. If the price is reasonable I would be in favour of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wimbley has agreed to a restructured deal to stay with the Titans.

Members online

Latest posts