Ka'Dar Hollman Traded

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans have agreed to trade for him. Curious what we will get in return...my bet is conditional pick.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reported we are getting the 7th rounder the Texans got in the Bears trade.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Ka'Dar, I wasn't a fan when he got his name called for us on Draft Day but being a small school prospect and seeing a little film I wanted to root for him. Plus he wore my jersey #. Before Redmond had the backup FS position "locked up" I thought he should get his paces back there along with Jackson. I hope he's able to make something workout in Houston.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean now with this we essentially traded Kadar for Cobb. Massive home run!!!!!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting Kadar would've given him more options to land with a team that he might stick with. If the Texans had their eye on him, hopefully he makes the team.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NBC Sports Edge (formerly Rotoworld), time traveling is involved in this trade:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately that doesn't make a significant difference with seventh round picks though.

However a few picks forward can be the difference between a guy like Kylin Hill being there or not. Overall I agree it most likely won't, but it definitely never hurts being picks ahead rather then back.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
However a few picks forward can be the difference between a guy like Kylin Hill being there or not. Overall I agree it most likely won't, but it definitely never hurts being picks ahead rather then back.
It won't matter. If you are using Kylin Hill as an example that is the perfect one to show how little the order matters in the 7th round. There are 259 total picks in the draft. The Packers took Hill at 256. He was almost Mr. Irrelevant.

Either way, glad we got a pick for Hollman. Basically, we invested a 6th round pick in him, he didn't work out and we move back to the 7th round. A little bit of a bust, but better than releasing him for nothing.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't matter. If you are using Kylin Hill as an example that is the perfect one to show how little the order matters in the 7th round. There are 259 total picks in the draft. The Packers took Hill at 256. He was almost Mr. Irrelevant.

Either way, glad we got a pick for Hollman. Basically, we invested a 6th round pick in him, he didn't work out and we move back to the 7th round. A little bit of a bust, but better than releasing him for nothing.
LOL to call a Day 3 guy a bust is a little funny....also I think you're running too far with my comments. Boiled down it is always a better thing to have a pick forward in the draft by one, rather than back by one even...odds drop of finding a contributor with every single pick as the pool of players shrinks.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
LOL to call a Day 3 guy a bust is a little funny....also I think you're running too far with my comments. Boiled down it is always a better thing to have a pick forward in the draft by one, rather than back by one even...odds drop of finding a contributor with every single pick as the pool of players shrinks.
And that's why 7th round positioning really doesn't matter. Most teams have an idea of who they want and if they're gone they move back to the draft board. As far as Hollman, I said a little bit of a bust because of his draft position. Certainly, a GM isn't going to hit on all their draft picks. There's no doubt about that and especially in day 3.

It is a good question though. I'm going to post that as a different thread question. I'm interested to see what people think.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's why 7th round positioning really doesn't matter. Most teams have an idea of who they want and if they're gone they move back to the draft board. As far as Hollman, I said a little bit of a bust because of his draft position. Certainly, a GM isn't going to hit on all their draft picks. There's no doubt about that and especially in day 3.

It is a good question though. I'm going to post that as a different thread question. I'm interested to see what people think.

If a Day 3 pick plays out their entire rookie contract on an active roster in the NFL that is a successful pick IMO. To expect more or be disappointed with less is choosing ignorance IMO.

Now there are picks that say in the 5th round, skill positions or OL you may have more expectations for them, but in the end Day 3 picks that provide depth even if they never pan out to a second contract, but see the completion of their rookie one are a success for Day 3.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a Day 3 pick plays out their entire rookie contract on an active roster in the NFL that is a successful pick IMO. To expect more or be disappointed with less is choosing ignorance IMO.
I don't know why. He could be in a position where nobody is any good and we haven't drafted there.

Reaction score
I wish him well in Houston.

It was apparent he was not going to make this Packers roster, so getting a pick for a guy you were going to cut is a win.
I agree. If you know you’ve got better options, then get a late rounder. Also those late round selections are great bargaining chips for trading up or even going after a ST player (Punter/Kicker/Returner)