Just Thought I Would Give You All An Update On Me

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I went through all the Radiation and Chemotherapy for my naso-phryngeal cancer and it looks like the tumor has shrunk immensely. But 1/2 a week after the rad and chemo was done, I got pneumonia and it was back to the hospital. And while I was there they noticed a spot in my right kidney. It looks like I possibly got two cancers at once. Still don't know what they are going to do with the second one. They want me well rested up from the first treatments and the pneumonia first.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh no,..here's hoping the spot is not another cancer,..and hopefully you will recover speedily from the treatments
and pneumonia. That has to be rough, having pneumonia is hard enough,...I can't imagine adding recovery from chemo and radiation on top of that.

I was wondering how all that was going, thanks for updating us.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well GandG .... that just plain sucks. I sincerely wish you my very best. I'm going to offer up a few prayers for you if you don't mind -- so much exposure to cancer over the last few years that I'm sick of hearing the damned word -- I would imagine you're not real enamored with it neither. Hang tough...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went through all the Radiation and Chemotherapy for my naso-phryngeal cancer and it looks like the tumor has shrunk immensely. But 1/2 a week after the rad and chemo was done, I got pneumonia and it was back to the hospital. And while I was there they noticed a spot in my right kidney. It looks like I possibly got two cancers at once. Still don't know what they are going to do with the second one. They want me well rested up from the first treatments and the pneumonia first.

Jesus man, hope you catch a break soon and the newly found cancer doesn't spread. Any idea on when you can resume treatments?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A spot doesn't always mean cancer. I have known people who have had a spot and it turned out to be nothing. My wife had a tumor on her ***** a year ago and it turned out to be benign thank God. I'm sorry you are going through such difficulties. I will say a special prayer for you. :(

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Hoping for a good outcome, GB. Sending the strength of a prayer your way...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sending you good vibes..I have an idea what your going thru as an outsider

My brother in law had lung cancer back in Sept..They thought they got it all..Last month he has had issues with pneumonia...So he went in hospital to have it clear up..

It kept draining fluid so they tested the fluid and it is stage 3 cancer..They have to travel long ways to get to a better hospital(they live in rural area) He got the cancer they think from being a firefighter for 30+ years..Now that he is retired it started to show up..Only good thing is that workers comp is covering it..

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My prayers are with you. I hope all will work out well.

Stay strong. We are thinking of you.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Jesus man, hope you catch a break soon and the newly found cancer doesn't spread. Any idea on when you can resume treatments?

Not really, all the hospital doctor said he thought they should wait, then it will be up to the VA to decide what's next.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a friend that was diagnosed with brain cancer nearly 7 years ago. Initially she had lung cancer which spread to her brain. Surgery was performed on her brain (she has virtually no effects from the operation) and she has been cancer free for 7 years. Modern medicine is incredible.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a friend that was diagnosed with brain cancer nearly 7 years ago. Initially she had lung cancer which spread to her brain. Surgery was performed on her brain (she has virtually no effects from the operation) and she has been cancer free for 7 years. Modern medicine is incredible.
That is phenomenal and thank God for those doctors and medical advancements!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Modern day medicine and a positive attitude can do wonders, greenandgold. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's just awful! I will be praying for you and thinking of you. Take is easy and rest up!!!!! Stay strong and may good medicine and positive thoughts see you through this storm.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, the thing in my nose hasn't bothered me in a long time. My throat is still raw and burned, but I'm losing the feeling that everything I put in my mouth leaves a metallic taste. There is a strange mass in my left kidney too that is possibly more cancer, But the VA says they won't worry till it gets to about 5 cm, it isn't there yet. So right now all I need to do is get better from the radiation therapy.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
OK, went for another checkup with the radiation people. He stuck the camera up both nostrils and said he could not even see any trace of a tumer remaining.

Now I have like 3 different scans sheduled to check out the kidney.

Members online

Latest posts