Just rewatched the 1996 Superbowl

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, that still is my most vivid memory of that game. That was the moment in the game where I thought...Holy ****, we are going to win!!!

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

That game was amazing.

That was when Brett Favre was a really good QB. And we had the best team we had in years.

That whole team just clicked.

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOOOOOO!! I was watching NFL networks Top 10 Super Bowl Performances last night, and was telling my friends "Desmond Howard will/should be #1, if not, then Top 3 for sure." :D We didn't stick around long enough to finish the whole program though, but I'd say #1 anyways :)

GO PACK GO!! :happy0005:

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really the play of the game, but I'll always remember the Doug Evans interception right after we got the 7-0 lead. I knew right then that we were going to win. Obviously the Pats came back and made it a ballgame again, but I just had a feeling right then.

And of course Desmond running back the kickoff cannot be topped. Our lead was down to 6 and we were starting to get a little antsy, then that kickoff return sealed the win.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Desmond return gives me chills.

Favre to Rison gives me chills.

But the thing that gives me the most chills, and it was used in a commercial in Wisconsin recently, is this:
"The trophy is coming home! World CHAMPION! Green Bay Packers."

The radio call of the time ticking off. I'll try to find audio of it.

Found it! It's at the end of this commercial. Coincidentally, you also get to hear the Desmond return's radio call as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdcQmBqNFX0]YouTube - miller lite - packers - erik david[/ame]

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My favorite part and the one I most remember is what Bob Harlan says afterwards during the trophy presentation. Something along the lines of, "I think it's time that the Lombardi trophy goes home to Lambeau field, where it belongs."

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
My favorite part and the one I most remember is what Bob Harlan says afterwards during the trophy presentation. Something along the lines of, "I think it's time that the Lombardi trophy goes home to Lambeau field, where it belongs."

I cant wait until the day they say that again, when we win our next Super Bowl.

Members online

Latest posts