July 11th - NFL Rumors.....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From NFL.com ---- Rumors link..
However, there is a strong sense around the NFL that Philadelphia will use a late second-round pick in the supplemental draft on USC tackle Manuel Wright, who could eventually succeed high-priced starting defensive tackle Corey Simon. "You're basically talking about what's almost a third-round pick if you're the Eagles," one NFL executive said. "I could easily see them doing that."
-- Miami Herald
Didn't we see commentary about the Packers going after this guy to replace Gravy Jackson?

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
From NFL.com ---- Rumors link..
However, there is a strong sense around the NFL that Philadelphia will use a late second-round pick in the supplemental draft on USC tackle Manuel Wright, who could eventually succeed high-priced starting defensive tackle Corey Simon. "You're basically talking about what's almost a third-round pick if you're the Eagles," one NFL executive said. "I could easily see them doing that."
-- Miami Herald
Didn't we see commentary about the Packers going after this guy to replace Gravy Jackson?

Don't need to IPBprez, Cullen Jenkins, James Lee or Donnell Washington will step right in for Grady Jackson.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Don't need to IPBprez, Cullen Jenkins, James Lee or Donnell Washington will step right in for Grady Jackson.

Awesome!

Hey by chance could you tell me the winning numberes for the lottery??

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have made no bones about an interest. Green Bay picks a few slots ahead of Philly, so it might be interesting.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
The Packers have made no bones about an interest. Green Bay picks a few slots ahead of Philly, so it might be interesting.

Can teams trade up (or down for more picks in the spring draft of the following year.) in the supp draft?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read so many conflicting stories on the guy I don't know what to think about him. Some stories make it sound like he was a backup in college and nothing special, other stories I read make it sound like he's a talent worthy of a high draft choice. It seems like he's all over the charts as to where they expect him to go. I'm curious to see how high someone does finally draft him.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was behind Mike Patterson (Eagles 1st round pick) and Shaun Cody (Detroit's 2nd round 37 overall) on the depth chart. The Packers did not pick either when they had the the chance.

This guy Wright is weaker, about half the bench press reps, of Patterson and Cody. He is green and will take years to develop.

This guy does not rate a third round pick in the 2006 draft in my opinion. Through some problem of his own making he is in the supplemental draft.

He is weaker and has less experienced than Kenny Petterson did who the Packers spent three draft choices including a second.

Wright will be long forgotten a week after the supplemental draft.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts