1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

JSonline - Fergie has lasik eye surgery!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Apr 29, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    For those who hate to register! lol

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Example of registering for JSonline cookie(s) -----

Why do you care?

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you asking me why I care? or why jsonline cares?

If asking me, its because others have asked for it to posted because they do not want to go through the hassle of making up a fake register for it.

Is there a problem with me trying to make things easier for others?

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for posting slick, I hate having to enter that crap every time. Collecting bs info like that is not neccessary.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    ya, it gets annoying but at work i have nothing better to do lol

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Okay - let's back up a bit and get off the paranoia bandwagon....

The info was uploaded for the benefit of a PC teckkie trick....
    (and it was not a stab at your postive posting...)

Guys - On most new-er computers... when you type in any box... usually, unless you turn off that feature - it will remember and the next time you type, you can click on what's already there... and it simplifies things... especially when you're just reading sports web sites.... as opposed to hopping over here.... I know that's a stretch, everyone here usually just comes here - I know that -- but it does happen.... On top of that, some of the other guys might like to post articles as well, ya know!

That's all it was about, SV - nothing more... There's no monopoly on posting articles from other sites here, as long as you give proper credit (meaning construct a link, or write in where it came from).

Bad habit I got from being a Tech for almost 6 years now.
    Most people are NOT wishing to post their 'personal' info and this is one way around it - using dry british humor.. along the way!

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That would be the "Auto Complete" feature. Located in Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Auto Complete

However you have to alter your email address every time.

I'm not following ya here. I don't see a problem with who posts what as long as it gets out and in the open for everyone to see. It's kind of nice to have a one stop source for Packers info and I'm jus trying to make it easier for other viewers so they don't have to jump from site to site. Of course if they like to they can.
    What monopoly? Who is stopping anyone from posting articles?

You okay?? You're not making much sense at all here. Maybe its me, I dunno. :oops:

9. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh stop be-laboring the point slick... I mean really now.... geesh!
    My point was made and it was easy for all to follow.... get a grip.

The "why do you care" comment was redundancy about JSonline's insistance with the marketing master plan.... those damn cookies that keep getting downloaded to our computers.... Right now, you're just haggling over nothing.... But, in the interim they might just be a few who have learned a thing or two about how to handle web sites who insist on that tact. It's not a contest - never was.....

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :eek:fftopic:

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    This is exactly why I dislike you. You go off on this mini tirade touching on subjects that were brought up by your feeble little mind and then when asked for clarification you act all high and mighty like the other guys is the bad guy.
    I hope you get slapped in the face with a brick for your arrogance.

OR do you like ruining these threads?

12. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Fergie needs a breakout year.

this year.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    So does Driver. Screw Javon "I need money for my family, NOW" Walker.

14. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By seeing better it should make a big difference I would think. Hope Fergie has a huge year.

15. monkeyracer43

monkeyracer43 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Walker had the same procedure done before last season. I guess its easier to catch the ball when you can see it coming at you.

16. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I whole heartedly agree. If someone actually reads the article instead of the argument posts in this thread, it says that he is hell-bent on becoming the third highly productive member of the Packers' receiving corps. That will happen, I think, especially if Javon isn't there (I hope Javon's not there). Fergie is the kind of player you want to see do well.

Hey, speaking of Fergie, is my Favre-Fergie sig showing up? All I see on my comp is a red "x" where the sig is supposed to be. :cry:

17. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    nope. red x big guy.

link is broken.

18. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Since I will not stand idly by and allow this to be something other than what it was meant to be. Like I said before and have now had to repeat yet again.. You continually gloss over things the important part of the mesage and then defame others when it suits your EGO..... Do everyone a favor and put me on that avoidance list of yours....
    ===========================================
    Back to topic, wherein I didn't really cause it to be off-topic - I never invented any fault-finding tour and don't need.... to waste... my day on such nonsense....

The above posters are correct and I have stated so on half a dozen Forums... Fergie gettin' his surgery was, as he himself said, something he should have done last year. But, I figure it this way - things usually happen "when" they are meant to be - if you force it, then something usually happens along the way and it gets all screwed up....

The interesting thing to watch out for?
    Brett suddenly finding himself with a new weapon's arsenal in WR's....!
    He'll be like a little kid in the candy store again... and with that personal trainer he's just hired.... Well, you guys can figure out the rest.

That image of Brett running around the field in New Orleans in 1996 after that first TD, is what it's all about!

19. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would that have been the long post to Rison, the long sideline streak to Levens(I think that went for a TD) or the 30 or so yard post-corner to Freeman?

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Alright, I won't post articles anymore. I didn't think it would be a problem, apparently I'm taking 'fame' from people and doing what is best for my.... ego??
    I don't wanna cause any problem, only wanted to make it easier for people to want to come here first instead of ten other sites, however I will refrain from posting articles. I apologize for ruffling your feathers.