Josh Freeman gets first NFL start Vs Packers

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to overlook the big Packers Vikings game this week, but it looks like Tampa Bay has named Josh Freeman the starter for their next game (Tampa Bay has a bye week this week.)

I can see this game being a huge blow out. Not that Byron Leftwich is any better, but you gotta think that a rookie QB and that offense which is horrible, stands no chance against us. So say we beat Minnesota this week, we should be looking to go 6-2 which would tie us with Minnesota for first place in the division.

realoatesman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently going to college in Minnesota, but origi
I wouldn't chalk that up as a win yet. Just cuz he's a rookie doesn't mean he sucks. Also I'm sure that the Bucs are gonna get pumped up to have their franchise start his first game. I'm actually kind of edgy about this game. I thought sure win before, but a new QB makes me nervous.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't chalk that up as a win yet. Just cuz he's a rookie doesn't mean he sucks. Also I'm sure that the Bucs are gonna get pumped up to have their franchise start his first game. I'm actually kind of edgy about this game. I thought sure win before, but a new QB makes me nervous.

I do agree with that. Look what Flacco did his rookie year, took them to the AFC Conferences.... Given, it is the ravens, and they are the buccaneers. They could surprise us, but I highly doubt it.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One week at a time, this is just bad luck to be talking about the next game in such detail before we have taken care of business with the vikings.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all the QBs stink there.i say a win.i hope Freeman doesnt bust out and get their first win against the pack

Ok I cant see that happening, They would have to play a lot better than they have so far this year it just wont happen aganist us maybe vs the Lions or Rams they could get there 1st win

PS I dont know if they play either of those teams.

BucoBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Freeman

Freeman has looked good in practice .He has been throwing like 80 yards down field to Clifton Smith looks like the bucs my be using Clifton more as a reciver this week .He my be the only one with enough speed on the bucs to get down field fast enough allthough Brain Clark has also looked good in practice to catching a few of Freemans long throws in practice freeman has a cannon for a arm .Freeman is the first Qb I have seen In practice looking this good since Doug Williams funny thing is williams is at practice and giving freeman advice . I still think we will lose to you cheese heads but Freeman will get a few long tds And will surprise a few with how strong his arm is and he is a good runner for as big as he is . Is anyone comming down here for the Game .:detsux::chisux::viksux:

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucs are 0-7 so I doubt that they will make the playoffs. Flacco took the Ravens because they were a winning team. This year the bucs arent. What are peoples thoughts about benching AROD to give him a "bye" week to try to rest those sprains? Is that overzealous?

BucoBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give Rodgers A break

Yea they are only playing the Bucaneers should be a easy win he needs the rest. Lol @ freeman getting bucs to play offs the bucs or o and 7 give the kid a break this is his first start . Bucaneers will mostly just try to grind it out with Caddy and ward herd that new full back is looking good In practice he is 260 lbs like having extra line man lol . Should be easy win for packers but bucs will have a few surprises after bye week and freeman starting . But there defensive is aufull so far . Lol Bucaneers have a few championships to but will proberly be awhile befofe they get another one .

BucoBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Freeman Says he is ready to let it rip just in from the st.pete times .Doug Williams says freeman is a gunslinger .Lol He does have a good arm but he may have no one to throw to except maybe Winslow Bryant is questionable and has not played much all year Stroughter the rookie has had a few good games . And belive it or not Caddy has been a pretty good reciver so far I look for the Bucs to get about 24 pts But will proberly give up 32 . But do think it will be a tougher game than the packers are thinking . The packers did get beat last year by a differnt bucaneers team .

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts