Jordy Nelson activated from PUP list

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be good to see him get a few snaps this pre-season. Some will say hold him out because of last seasons incident, but he will need to learn to trust his knee again, and he's only going to do that through game time.

H

HardRightEdge

Be good to see him get a few snaps this pre-season. Some will say hold him out because of last seasons incident, but he will need to learn to trust his knee again, and he's only going to do that through game time.
You'd think he'd first go through some contract drills in practice. But yes, going cold into week 1 after a year layoff doesn't seem like a good idea.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I expect Nelson to get some playing time during the preseason starting with next week's game at San Francisco. Most importantly he will receive a ton of reps with Rodgers during practice to work on their timing though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully he is ready mentally as he is physically.
If he's like most, it will take awhile to regain total confidence in that knee. I expect somewhat mediocre performance from Nelson for the first six weeks of the season

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most players say it takes awhile- about a year or season- to have full confidence in the injury. They're held back at least subconciously.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most players say it takes awhile- about a year or season- to have full confidence in the injury. They're held back at least subconciously.

Have many players actually said that. I hear a lot of media people saying it but I don't actually recall any players saying it. I can't imagine a player saying something like "Yeah its healed but I don't think I'll have 100% confidence in it for at least another year" Maybe subconsciously but then they wouldn't be aware of it and wouldn't say it would they? I guess maybe after the year is up they might say something like that but still I just can't see it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't say that "i won't have confidence for another year" but over the years a lot of them have said that though they were able to play and felt better a year later.

Latest posts