1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordy Nelson activated from PUP list

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Aug 17, 2016.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    According to the league's transaction wire the Packers receiver passed his physical and has been activated from the PUP list.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. HaHa'sRightGlove

HaHa'sRightGlove Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Be good to see him get a few snaps this pre-season. Some will say hold him out because of last seasons incident, but he will need to learn to trust his knee again, and he's only going to do that through game time.

3. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
  4. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    Patience. Think of a soap box derby car: It may start out slowly but it's going like hell at the end of the race. If Jordy's season loosely resembles that pace I'll be satisfied.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,732
    You'd think he'd first go through some contract drills in practice. But yes, going cold into week 1 after a year layoff doesn't seem like a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,636
    I expect Nelson to get some playing time during the preseason starting with next week's game at San Francisco. Most importantly he will receive a ton of reps with Rodgers during practice to work on their timing though.

7. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    Yowzaa!!!

8. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    Hopefully he is ready mentally as he is physically.

9. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +456
    If he's like most, it will take awhile to regain total confidence in that knee. I expect somewhat mediocre performance from Nelson for the first six weeks of the season

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    Most players say it takes awhile- about a year or season- to have full confidence in the injury. They're held back at least subconciously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +506
    Have many players actually said that. I hear a lot of media people saying it but I don't actually recall any players saying it. I can't imagine a player saying something like "Yeah its healed but I don't think I'll have 100% confidence in it for at least another year" Maybe subconsciously but then they wouldn't be aware of it and wouldn't say it would they? I guess maybe after the year is up they might say something like that but still I just can't see it.

12. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,794
    They don't say that "i won't have confidence for another year" but over the years a lot of them have said that though they were able to play and felt better a year later.

13. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517