1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jones/Nelson debate

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by paco, Oct 16, 2009.

1. paco

paco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    JSOnline has an article asking who is the #3 guy at WR. It's obvious that we don't really have a set 1,2,3,4. But we know that Jennings and Driver are 1 and 2, Jones and Nelson are either 3 or 4.

So... Who do you like better? Driver is going to be gone from the Packers, sooner rather than later. Which of these guys do you see stepping up as a #2? Or are they both 3 or 4's?

Obviously, I'm a Jordy fan. I think this kid has something special. He's not a burner by any means. But he has a good combination of size, speed, and route running skills. Same can be said for Jones. But he's shown some inconsitency and injury issues. Jordy started slow, but has really started to come on now. That TD run in Minny showed some great effort.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Jones has the tools, just cant stay healthy..I like Nelson RIGHT now

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    When was the last time Jones did anything important? 2007.

Nelson, on the other hand, has made plays consistantly, be it as a WR or as a ST player.

Nelson hands down.

Jones can't block, can't catch in traffic, and can't get YAC.

4. thetrooper

thetrooper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    im going with jordy nelson on this one:happy0005:

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    James Jones showed today. Getting though yards, not dropping th ball, blocking... Nice to see ya back, JJ!

6. Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Pack_Attack_Is_Back Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I'd have to say Jordy based on consistent play, and being there to fill in on special teams.

7. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21

cant catch in traffic..really? Do you not remember last year before he got hurt he caught a post over the middle got rocked by a safety and corner causing his helmet to fly off and he still ran for six..where do you get your info from? Im gonna have to go with Jordy though just because JJ cant get right with his injuries, even though last year was his first injury since high school :happy0005:

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    He played very well his rookie season, and the inicial quarter of 2008. And then he started laying terribly, doing the things I said he did. He played very well against the Lions, at last, after playing badly all of this season. I do hope he can get back, because he's more physically gifted than Nelson, though Nelson is just a better player.

9. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Anyone who's played Madden knows Finley is the man...