1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jonathan Taylor Heisman Watch...

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Badgers' started by Pokerbrat2000, May 23, 2019.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Preseason polls don't necessarily mean a ton, but I think its safe to say that Jonathan Taylor has a legit shot at a run for the Heisman this year, he was 9th in the voting last year. He will have to really dominate though and with some new faces on the OL, if he does have a great year, voters might see that it wasn't just the offensive line getting him those yards.

At this point there are a few guys that I would say are ahead of him and many nipping at his heals.
    1. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
    2. Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas
    3. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
    4. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    5. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
    6. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...r-travis-etienne/sd46t02pxqdl1g0iexvn3vm4j/26

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    he needs to hang on to the ball before I'd consider him for anything more than he's already won

3. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    He definitely is no Saquon Barkley when it comes to fumbling. Barkley hasn't fumbled since 2016 and almost 800 carries!

Taylor's fumbles were down though last year, just 4. However, getting it down to 1-2 this season would go a long way. The Badgers would also have to help his cause by giving him some opportunities to catch the ball out of the backfield, something they haven't used him nearly enough for IMO. Granted, that lack of use, probably equates to lack of confidence in him.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  4. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm surprised the threw the ball at all considering what they had at QB. He'd leave those guys hanging out to dry with those short passes because he'd hold the ball so long and then float it so much.

But he's going to be fun to watch again. Hang on to that ball and he'll be sitting well for individual accolades by the end of season and the Badgers should be looking at a good season too.

• Agree Agree x 1