Johnny Jolly to stand trial in May

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Nearly two years after being arrested for possession of codeine, Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly will stand trial on May 21, according to various media reports.Jolly faces up to 20 years if convicted in Harris County, Texas.In July 2009, prosecutors...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nearly two years after being arrested for possession of codeine, Packers defensive end Johnny Jolly will stand trial on May 21, according to various media reports.

Jolly faces up to 20 years if convicted in Harris County, Texas.

In July 2009, prosecutors dismissed the charges without prejudice only one day before trial was due to commence, because lab personnel had not learned how to use the equipment that measures the codeine in a given substance. Jolly later was re-indicted.

The notion of "double jeopardy" did not apply because the trial had not actually begun when the charges were dropped. That said, with his lawyers twice preparing for trial, Jolly's legal bills likely will reflect something similar to a week's worth of the money won by Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.

I doubt he gets 20 years

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Texas. I am not an attorney........but I would say this. I have seen people on the local news getting away with all kinds of **** for crimes way worse than what Jolly is accused of. Jolly has a couple bucks in the bank, and has a decent lawyer, and I'm sure that any plea bargin will be accepted by the DA. Its just the way they do business in Texas. I personally think its a scam. The DA....the Judges......all the Attorneys........they argue the case like they hate each other. Then go have a cold one and a steak together that evening. F'n crooks if ya ask me.

every1else

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully things go well for him.

He's a good player and I would hate to see him go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts