Johnny jolly released from prison

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, a shock release. Hopefully Jolly doesn't squander this opportunity and gets the help he needs.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he can still make the OTAs?

Just kidding - I think his suspension was of the 'indefinite' variety. I think there is a better chance of Brett playing again for the Packers than Jolly. But I think that is wrong. I would be all for bringing him back and letting him try - not that I think he would help us, but I think it would help him. Keep him out of Texas and with some dedicated professionals for a bit and I imagine it would help him straighten out.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has some serious substance abuse problems. Dude needs to just lock himself in a room and hope he gets a second chance in football and life.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Shock Probation" is administrative speak for "Why the hell are we incarcerating so many non-violent offenders?"

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has some serious substance abuse problems. Dude needs to just lock himself in a room and hope he gets a second chance in football and life.
The State of Texas did that for him.

What he needs is to focus on something positive. Keep your mind on a goal and dedicate all your time and attention to something of personal value. Like playing football in the NFL.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see it mandated in the story, but I assume that in addition to his probation and community service that he needs to complete drug counseling or treatment. His argument for getting out of prison was that he needed addiction treatment and not imprisonment....so hopefully Johnny's focus will be on helping himself more than anything else.

Good luck Johnny. You were a pretty good talent who threw away a very promising career in the NFL. Clean yourself up and make use of your other talents from here on out. There's a lot more to life than football!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The State of Texas did that for him.

What he needs is to focus on something positive. Keep your mind on a goal and dedicate all your time and attention to something of personal value. Like playing football in the NFL.

He also needs to find new friends and change his associations.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I hope for Jolly is that he gets his life back on track. He has way too much talent to waste. I've lost h0pe of seeing him back on the field in a Packers jersey any time soon but I pray he finds what he seeks in this life.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense, I give him 4 months before he is back.

Dude had way too many chances first time around. Friggin' shame.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I agree with Dans. Odds are low that he cleans up his act. Sad. He could have been a star.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could still ask for reinstatement (similar to one Michael Vick) and the Packers still hold the rights to him I believe. At the very least he gives me a witty fantasy football name every year.. "Codeine Makes me Jolly"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts