Johnny Jolly reinstated, suspension lifted

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok then, how about deranged, sadistic, vile, slimy, wretched , despicable dog killer. Anyone who gets pleasure from watching a dog being electrocuted has some basic character issues.
Well first off the word "evil" no longer appears in any post but my own now, and in the quoted material, in the entire thread to this point. I don't remember what post I was referring to since I didn't quote it, and I have no idea of the context it was used in any longer since this was from late Feb - early Mar. That being said:

I think that stating that Vick "got pleasure from watching a dog being electrocuted" is entirely subjective conjecture. But I didn't follow the case closely enough to know if he stated that was his mindset. If he actually admitted as much then I recant my statements. In lieu of such though I whole heartedly disagree with the characterization.

I also still affirm that the characterization is not applicable to Jolly.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well first off the word "evil" no longer appears in any post but my own now, and in the quoted material, in the entire thread to this point. I don't remember what post I was referring to since I didn't quote it, and I have no idea of the context it was used in any longer since this was from late Feb - early Mar. That being said:

I think that stating that Vick "got pleasure from watching a dog being electrocuted" is entirely subjective conjecture. But I didn't follow the case closely enough to know if he stated that was his mindset. If he actually admitted as much then I recant my statements. In lieu of such though I whole heartedly disagree with the characterization.

I also still affirm that the characterization is not applicable to Jolly.

Who's Jolly? :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One has to wonder if Jolly wasn't in good enough shape, so he avoided OTAs to get ready for mini-camps. I hope that's not the case because I think that "cramming" your fitness training only leads to injuries especially with big, old guys trying to make a comeback.

We'll all find out this week

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on what sort of recovery techniques he is utilizing as well whether or not he is injury prone in general will also be a factor in his health throughout the season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its all on the line for Jolly. He must understand this is his last shot at an easy life. Its bust your but for 3 years and save up a few million, or work as a security guard for $16/hr at the local mall for the rest of your life. Man, every time I see someone **** away an opportunity to play in the NFL I just scratch my head.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He showed up and got on the field. That was the first (tiny) hurdle. He's saying all the right things, that too is about the minimum we should have expected. BTW, IMO the best thing he's said so far about his past problems was "I was a bad man..." But I don't think we should put too much emphasis on any of this: He's got a long, long way to go.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that McCarthy said it best when he said that this is just minicamp and that we won't know anything about Jolly until training camp. That's two more months of speculation and wonder

H

HardRightEdge

He showed up and got on the field. That was the first (tiny) hurdle. He's saying all the right things, that too is about the minimum we should have expected. BTW, IMO the best thing he's said so far about his past problems was "I was a bad man..." But I don't think we should put too much emphasis on any of this: He's got a long, long way to go.

It's hard to disagree with that.

With the Raji/Pickett question marks for 2014, we should hope for the best. One might think said question marks are a big reason why he's been given every chance to make a comeback.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Welcome back Johnny. Now the ball is in your court, and its up to you to prove yourself to us.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the chances are extremely slim, but if Jolly could not only make the team but recapture his 2009 form as a 3-4 DE and help the Packers win another Super Bowl, what an amazing football story of redemption and triumph it would be. Inspirational Hollywood movie stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts