Johnny Jolly reinstated, suspension lifted

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It means he's been interested in maintaining his conditioning and strength.

NFL players don't walk off the farm looking the way they do. Lifting begins in high school; the elite "national" programs have college-level weight rooms and training. These guys are working to get into an elite college program. And then from college to the NFL.

Weight training is an integral part of being an NFL player. If you don't do it, you better be a natural star (rare)...or your work ethic will be questioned and you won't last.
Thanks.....;) Now I understand

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jollys salary will be reduced in the offseason. League minimum or cut. Currently he is on the books for $2.5 mil

H

HardRightEdge

From rotoworld:​
"The Packers have slashed DE Johnny Jolly's salary from $2.5 million to $715,000.​
The deal frees up $1.8 million in cap space and puts Green Bay at $18 million under. Fresh out of the penitentiary, 30-year-old Jolly should be thankful GM Ted Thompson is giving him an opportunity to resurrect his career. Jolly has been out of football since the 2009 season, when he was a 16-game starter."​
Mar 12 - 1:25 PM​

I

Not being funny here but being that johnny has been out of football for nearly four years, I`d jump at ANY pay I was offered !! He`s hardly in a position to demand anything more, and I would still like to give him a shot at a trial with the team.

H

HardRightEdge

Not being funny here but being that johnny has been out of football for nearly four years, I`d jump at ANY pay I was offered !! He`s hardly in a position to demand anything more, and I would still like to give him a shot at a trial with the team.

That about sums it up. The news here is the Packers didn't outright release him.

H

HardRightEdge

Could still be released but looks like they are going to give him a look
Funny how that works. The guy who went to jail gets a look; the guy who beat his girlfriend but avoids the hoosegow is out the door.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like a can't lose situation for the Pack. If it works then he is cheap and a good body on the line and if not who cares...he hasn't been around or counted on in years.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly...I don't know why people are upset about this. There is literally almost nothing to lose.

I

Exactly...I don't know why people are upset about this. There is literally almost nothing to lose.
Blimey Texas...lol, We`ve actually agreed twice now :tup:. We`ll be exchanging christmas cards next....pmsl ;)

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blimey Texas...lol, We`ve actually agreed twice now :tup:. We`ll be exchanging christmas cards next....pmsl ;)

hahaha I haven't said anything lately in this thread. Do you mean all the way back to the Vick/dogfighting comment? As for the Jolly thing, I like the idea of trying him out, especially for the veterans minimum. He used to be good and still might be, although I wouldn't hold my breath about it.

I

hahaha I haven't said anything lately in this thread. Do you mean all the way back to the Vick/dogfighting comment? As for the Jolly thing, I like the idea of trying him out, especially for the veterans minimum. He used to be good and still might be, although I wouldn't hold my breath about it.
No mate, it was in reply to the agree with adambr 2 comment about nothing to lose. We really have nothing to lose giving Jolly a shot at least. ;)

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but breaking nfl rules doesn't = going to prison and repeat arrests.

I'm blown away actually by how ridiculous that argument is.
The guy has a disease, addiction. PED users are cheaters. I'm sure jolly wasnt proud that he was spending $500+ a day on drugs, he couldn't stop. Addiction sucks.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No mate, it was in reply to the agree with adambr 2 comment about nothing to lose. We really have nothing to lose giving Jolly a shot at least. ;)

Thanks Bill. The last time I heard "Blimey" it was in some pirate movie, I think hahaha. I'm having fun posting politics now in the PackersHome forum - their Back Alley. I'm sure you could find PLENTY to disagree with my posts there hahaha.

cheeshead, are you saying Jolly's addiction is not as bad a thing as PEDs, and it's good he is allowed back? If so I agree with you.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read a few reports that Jolly hasn't participated in OTAs and neither he nor his agent are responding to media inquiries. The Packers haven't seemed worried and MM stated that Johnny was going through "the process." Capers said that Jolly is losing ground every day that he's not on the field competing.

Does anyone have any clue as to why he hasn't reported? Is there actually an NFL process that he's going through or hoops to jump through, or is he just preferring to work out on his own?

H

HardRightEdge

I've read a few reports that Jolly hasn't participated in OTAs and neither he nor his agent are responding to media inquiries. The Packers haven't seemed worried and MM stated that Johnny was going through "the process." Capers said that Jolly is losing ground every day that he's not on the field competing.

Does anyone have any clue as to why he hasn't reported? Is there actually an NFL process that he's going through or hoops to jump through, or is he just preferring to work out on his own?

Well, he finished his rehab program, the NFL already reinstated him and he's under contract, so I don't think the "process" has anything to do with football.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a legal issue, like awaiting a hearing to amend the terms of probation allowing out-of-state travel or something of that nature.

In the unlikely event he somehow gets near his old form and makes the roster it will be a very surprising bonus.

Members online

Latest posts