Jets release Le’Veon Bell.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bell helps. I'd rather give the ball to Williams or Jones every time than give it to Bell.
Bell is a better receiver than anybody on the team besides Adams and Lazard....
I'd put Jamal Williams right there and more of a team player. i see zero reason to take Jones or Williams off the field to try and get the ball to Bell. 4 years ago maybe

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bell is a great example of backs getting wildly overrated because they can catch a few dump offs a game.

Saying he's a better receiver than MVS is downright nuts

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bell helps. I'd rather give the ball to Williams or Jones every time than give it to Bell.

I'd put Jamal Williams right there and more of a team player. i see zero reason to take Jones or Williams off the field to try and get the ball to Bell. 4 years ago maybe

I wouldn't take snaps from Dillon for that matter right now for Bell.

Now if his agent calls and says he'll play for vet minimum, fine.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bell is a great example of backs getting wildly overrated because they can catch a few dump offs a game.

I’m not saying Bell is a better WR than MVS, but Bell didn’t just catch a few dump offs a game. So no, that’s a pretty bad example of what you’re trying to state. He was often in the slot, or even split wide sometimes. You don’t get 800+ receiving yards on a few dump offs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
But they already have their RB don't they? I can't see it happening.

On a side note, hey @Snoops! How you doing! It's been a minute buddy!

Ronald Jones is a pass game disaster. He blows blocks and drops a lot of passes.

H

HardRightEdge

But they already have their RB don't they? I can't see it happening.

On a side note, hey @Snoops! How you doing! It's been a minute buddy!
They have two, Jones and Fournette, the latter practicing this week coming off an ankle injury that caused him to miss week 4 while taking only one snap in week 5. Also old man McCoy is also practicing this week also also coming off an ankle.

I have no idea why Tampa would be interested in Bell if Fournette isn't going on IR.

H

HardRightEdge

Bell sat out 2018, came back in 2019 and was underwhelming playing overweight. Dropped 20 lbs. for 2020 and couldn't show enough to get the ball. Oh, he's not a fit for the Gase offense, yada, yada. I'd say he's past his sell-by date. The Jets couldn't trade him because of the $8 mil guaranteed for injury in 2021 which should tell you something.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KC, Miami, Chicago are probably odds on favorites. KC has 6mill in cap, I doubt they use that up on him.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not saying Bell is a better WR than MVS, but Bell didn’t just catch a few dump offs a game. So no, that’s a pretty bad example of what you’re trying to state. He was often in the slot, or even split wide sometimes. You don’t get 800+ receiving yards on a few dump offs.

That's a one season sample size. Plus his yards per reception was plainly average for running backs, barely ahead of Lacy.

Post his stats split out wide. They should be impressive. Pretty bizarre how he turned to crap once he left the Pitt system that force fed him

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a one season sample size. Plus his yards per reception was plainly average for running backs, barely ahead of Lacy.

Post his stats split out wide. They should be impressive. Pretty bizarre how he turned to crap once he left the Pitt system that force fed him

Don’t have the stats. Just my memory. I’m more than positive he was in the slot a decent amount, and more than positive he wasn’t just getting little dump offs as a safety valve.

Pittsburgh didn’t do anything terrifically unique schematically to make him good, he was just a good back. Age, and laziness seemed to have gotten him. It happens. But to think he produced just bc he was force fed...lmao.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was not just a product of opportunity, he produced because he was good. I do agree with our man behind the curtain and all powerful and knowing Gary, age and laziness have gotten to him. But the guy was good. I just don't think he's that good anymore and am plenty happy with Williams and Jones in the passing and running game.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t have the stats. Just my memory. I’m more than positive he was in the slot a decent amount, and more than positive he wasn’t just getting little dump offs as a safety valve.

Pittsburgh didn’t do anything terrifically unique schematically to make him good, he was just a good back. Age, and laziness seemed to have gotten him. It happens. But to think he produced just bc he was force fed...lmao.

It's all volume stats.

Bell leaves Pitt and immediately sucks. That's a system back

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
KC, Miami, Chicago are probably odds on favorites. KC has 6mill in cap, I doubt they use that up on him.
I believe If he signs for vet min for the next team this year ( that would be best bet) jets on hook for rest of his salary

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's actually not true at all. Even last season bell averaged 7 yards a catch on 66 catches over 78 targets. Clearly not all volume, caught 84% of targets. And was with a coach who at best refused to use bell properly and at worst is completely clueless as a head coach at this point. I'm willing to bet he goes somewhere and does well.

Over his career he has averaged 8.3 yards a catch over 381 receptions. This season he's 3 for 39 13 per.

For comparison jamal williams averaged 6.5 yards a catch on 39 receptions over 45 targets in 2019. For his career he has 104 catches for 8.1 yards per.

Aaron jones has 99 for 8.5 per over his career. And this season 15 for 9 yards per.

So you're completely wrong bell is not just an overrated guy who catch's check downs. Even right now he is clearly better than williams I'm not saying we should sign him. I think williams is a way better fit as a person and not that much worse of a player and there's no reason to risk it especially with dillon waiting in the wings.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sat around for awhile doing nothing. That seems to always bring a player down.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose the Packers never drafted me because I'm not Packer people either.... I profess to be PackerForum people though

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I honestly don't see KC doing much of anything this year contract wise unless forced. With all those contracts they've inked, carrying over what they can to next year is a must.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEY !! What wrong with ice cream for breakfast ???? :eek:

It certainly isn't chocolate cake but what the heck. I've never been one to restrict any foods to certain meals. Pizza for breakfast with bacon and eggs for dinner is perfectly fine with me.

And a big hell no on the Bell question.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't take snaps from Dillon for that matter right now for Bell.

Now if his agent calls and says he'll play for vet minimum, fine.

He has the luxury that if he signs for vet minimum, he still gets paid 5 million by the jets for the rest of the season. That vet min money would just be subtracted from the 5 m the jets owe.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not packer people. You dont want to upset this locker room
Do not do anything that could cause problems in the locker room. Keep the peace, preserve the chemistry. We must protect our house.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The rumored teams are the Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots, Dolphins, and Bears. The Chiefs are supposed to be the favorite.

Members online

Latest posts