Jets release Le’Veon Bell.

D

Deleted member 6794

When you are the defending Super Bowl Champions and you look to be well on your way to defending that title, I think a $680K investment into someone with Bell's resume is well worth the risk of the investment. What would it cost the Packers to bring Dexter Williams up from the Practice squad, whom they have already been paying?

Once again, it might work out well for the Chiefs. The move could backfire in several ways as well though with Bell either not performing up to expectations as well as being a distraction in the locker room because of not getting enough touches.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Once again, it might work out well for the Chiefs. The move could backfire in several ways as well though with Bell either not performing up to expectations as well as being a distraction in the locker room because of not getting enough touches.

Yup or he could become an additional weapon of many, that the Chiefs have in their offensive toolbox. If the move backfires in the 2 ways that you stated, the Chiefs simply release him and it didn't cost them much. The upside is much bigger than the downside IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at that price, in a normal year for us it would be nice to get someone of that talent for that price to see what he adds. But this year the way our RB room is, i don't care that we didn't get him either.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if the Packers were going to add a RB it would be someone possessing a similar skill set and profile to Tyler Ervin.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think if the Packers were going to add a RB it would be someone possessing a similar skill set and profile to Tyler Ervin.

I was never proposing that the Packers tried to sign Bell, RB is a position that is least concerning to me right now. Could it be down the road? Sure, but you don't sign Bell even for that cheap to be your 3rd RB. I think Ervin will be back soon enough, he definitely has been a great pickup for the Packers, but I think MLF will find ways around not having him in the meantime.