Jets-Packers predictions

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great Swami of the Northwoods sees a Packer victory...24-20.

1)The offensive line will return to form against a so-so Jet front 7.(the Jets defense is 29th in the league overall)
2)That means Green will have 100+.
3)Driver and Jennings will each have 6+ catches.

More importantly, after being humiliated in two home games this year(Bears and New England) the Packers defense will light up Pennington. Collins loss is a wash with Culver, since Collins hasn't done squat all season.The Jets offense is 27th in the league overall) Pennington is ok until he gets pressured, then fills his pants faster than a baby eating Ex-Lax. Kampman and KGB will have big games.

The Packers defense...as bad as it has been this year...is 25th and the offense is 11th.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When I see the tapes of the games I see Collins making mistakes and he's also there making plays too. I don't know why so many are so ******* the kid. Is it because he superceded peoples expectations last year as a 2nd rd pick from a place no one knew?

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I see the tapes of the games I see Collins making mistakes and he's also there making plays too. I don't know why so many are so ******* the kid. Is it because he superceded peoples expectations last year as a 2nd rd pick from a place no one knew?

For me he hasn't developed into an 'impact' player. Think LeRoy Butler. By his second year you saw his ability.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

For me he hasn't developed into an 'impact' player. Think LeRoy Butler. By his second year you saw his ability.

Butler didn't start to show his talents til his third or fourth year.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Run game isnt great againist the 3-4 and thats what the jets run.

Miami Game- Green 18 Att, 118 Yards, 1 Td <<<< Thats good but take out the long run of 70 yards he had and then you have 17 Att, 48 Yards and 0 Tds
Morency 7 Att 12 Yards

New England game- Green 13 Att, 28 Yards
Morency 1 Att, 5 Yards

Over the last 3 games our running game has really struggle, Green only managed to get 55 yards on minny, 28 on New England and 44 on the Hawks, whats even worse is the avg yards per carry over this peroid 2.39 yards that is terrible.

O and did i Mention over the first 8 games our avg running yards per game was 121.5 and over the last 3 it has dropped to 50.3 per game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Our Run game isnt great againist the 3-4 and thats what the jets run.

Miami Game- Green 18 Att, 118 Yards, 1 Td <<<< Thats good but take out the long run of 70 yards he had and then you have 17 Att, 48 Yards and 0 Tds
Morency 7 Att 12 Yards

New England game- Green 13 Att, 28 Yards
Morency 1 Att, 5 Yards

Over the last 3 games our running game has really struggle, Green only managed to get 55 yards on minny, 28 on New England and 44 on the Hawks, whats even worse is the avg yards per carry over this peroid 2.39 yards that is terrible.

O and did i Mention over the first 8 games our avg running yards per game was 121.5 and over the last 3 it has dropped to 50.3 per game

It very well could be cuz Tausch isnt playing

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

:chalflag:
He's not Butler. Butler was a great player and a great leader for a long time. You cannot just replace such a player. Instead the team must mold itself around the new stars.

Comparing the two is unfair to both of them. Let Collins be himself. He needs to learn to be more consistent before he can take the leap to being an impact player. He has shown his ability to be great, but he's not there yet.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeRoy Butler...one of my top 5 all-time Packers....really never came into his onw Pro-Bowl self until he switched to safety after 1.5 - 2 seasons as an average to above-average CB.

Collins is, unfortunately, under the tuteledge of Schottzy. For my money, I would say our entire secondary has stumbled and that I lay at the secondary coaches feet as we already know Collins, Harris and Woodson to be more than solid.

I thought the last game the safeties really started to come into their own with good coverage, and hard, ball-removing, hits.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a very entertaining game. That is basically all I look forward to these days, is entertainment + growth by the kids. Wins are definitely the main goal, but even if we win out, playoffs arent happening, and if they do, we're 1 and done, so ...just entertain me and improve as football players, young men!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pumped for this game.

"Blow-out Central" it's been dubbed. By me. GB has got to win this.

If they don't...well.. I just might abandon football in favor of the MLB Winter Meetings next week.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think the Jets are a pretender. I think GB is very capable of winning this game. Pennington won't be able to go down the field on us and I don't like their running game. Their Defense is the key. Someone said they run a 3-4. They're trying too. They don't have the personnel to do it though. They've been going back and forth all year because of that. It'll probably be a close game but no reason why GB can't win this.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be an entertaining game. The Jets pose an above average challenge, but nowhere near the Seahawks or Patriots. Their offense is suspect and I believe we can have success against their front 7 on defense.

That said, I am thinking relatively low scoring and coming down to the end of the game with Green Bay prevailing...............17 - 13.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope you guys are right but my biggest concern is Eric Mangini. I think he's a tremendous coach (he was the guy I really wanted to replace Mike Sherman). He could be the difference in this one.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I was surprised Woodson and Dukes on the NFL Network picked tha Pack. I gotta go with them to but by at least 10 cause when's the last time we've won a close game? Seriously when is it, anything after that one 2 years ago against Minny?

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green and company will have a tough time against the 3 - 4 (see New England game). Favre will need to play lights out.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traditionally NFC north teams do not match up well with AFC E teams. we are 1-2 against that division right

I see GB pulling away from the Jets in this one. Pay back for that drubbing the Pack got a few years ago in the meadow lands

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-13 packers.

this game will be hard to win, the jets d has been playing good lately.

in oder to win we have to score in the red zone.