Jersey Advice! Help Me!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, let me point out that I live in and am from Chico, Ca. Aaron Rodger's home town. All the sudden all kinds of "Packer fans." are coming out of the woodwork around here. Quite annoying really. Like, where were you guys 6 years ago? 10? 15?! Bastards.... We have been Packers fans since LONG before Aaron got drafted. Infact, I still have my Favre jersey from when I was 11 and my Super Bowl XXXI Champions hat. Yes, I also got beat up after the Cowboys (my step brothers favorite team) beat the Packers in the playoffs the years before Super Bowl XXXI when I flipped out and punched him in the chest after he was gloating about the win(s). I was about 9 or so I think.

Anyways, the wife wants an Aaron Rodgers home jersey. That is a sealed deal. I however cannot pick who's jersey I want to save my life.

Aaron Rodgers would seem like the obvious choice...but not really. Being in Chico with a Rodgers' jersey now is like being in NYC with a Yankees cap on. I want to show my pride, but not be thought of as "another Packer fan convert." Here is my break down on who I want in order of most desired to least.

1) Aaron Rodgers / Clay Matthews

2) A.J. Hawk

3) Donald Driver

4) Greg Jennings

5) Charles Woodson

Now, 1-5 isn't so cut and dry. Picking any of them is really hard. I mean, I did some research and these players are locked down to a long term contract. That is important to me as I do not want to purchase a specific jersey, just to have to player leave the next year. Maybe that is just my OCD talking, but I cannot stand it. For instance a couple years ago when I finaly had the cash in hand I ALMOST bought an Aaron Kampman jersey. Boy, was that a close one!

Lastly, as we all know money is tight in this economy and this is the first time that we can finally afford some new jerseys for ourselves so we are doing it right with all the stitched name/numbers etc. We are looking at getting the jerseys with the SB XLV patch on them as that was just an awesome event.

Sorry for the long-windedness, but I just had to get my point across I suppose. Thanks for any and all input!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Jennings and Matthews would be good choices because they'll be here for a long time to come. If Finley gets a new deal, you should definitely consider getting his jersey.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the point of this post if you already have a good idea of what to get?

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a poll I suppose. Basicly I want to get the most bang for my buck...I want to get a jersey of someone that I like that will also be around for a while. I promise this thread won't bite.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
First, let me point out that I live in and am from Chico, Ca. Aaron Rodger's home town. All the sudden all kinds of "Packer fans." are coming out of the woodwork around here. Quite annoying really. Like, where were you guys 6 years ago? 10? 15?! Bastards.... We have been Packers fans since LONG before Aaron got drafted. Infact, I still have my Favre jersey from when I was 11 and my Super Bowl XXXI Champions hat. Yes, I also got beat up after the Cowboys (my step brothers favorite team) beat the Packers in the playoffs the years before Super Bowl XXXI when I flipped out and punched him in the chest after he was gloating about the win(s). I was about 9 or so I think.

Anyways, the wife wants an Aaron Rodgers home jersey. That is a sealed deal. I however cannot pick who's jersey I want to save my life.

Aaron Rodgers would seem like the obvious choice...but not really. Being in Chico with a Rodgers' jersey now is like being in NYC with a Yankees cap on. I want to show my pride, but not be thought of as "another Packer fan convert." Here is my break down on who I want in order of most desired to least.

1) Aaron Rodgers / Clay Matthews

2) A.J. Hawk

3) Donald Driver

4) Greg Jennings

5) Charles Woodson
Now, 1-5 isn't so cut and dry. .........................

To avoid the here today, gone tomorrow issue, I decided a few years back to stick with the retired jerseys. Nitschke, Starr, Hutson, Kramer, White, etc. They never will let you down. Or just stay with the team concept and get SuperBowl related items and skip the player jerseys.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
go with a Matthews jersey.

Hawk was almost traded last season. Plus he isnt that good.

This might be Drivers last year but thats a jersey you can always wear.

They wont let Matthews hit FA, he is too marketable.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To avoid the here today, gone tomorrow issue, I decided a few years back to stick with the retired jerseys. Nitschke, Starr, Hutson, Kramer, White, etc. They never will let you down. Or just stay with the team concept and get SuperBowl related items and skip the player jerseys.
Right.
And you can't go wrong with T-Shirts with the team name on them. Which is what I do.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! I really have been thinking about getting a Reggie White or Favre (a new one, in my size lol.) jersey. I just wish that Reggie played his last game as a Packer, and not a Panther. Same with ol' Brett. I think that Rodgers, Matthews, and Driver will all end up being Packer career players, but as I mentioned earlier I would def rather be safe than sorry.

Again, thank you all so much for your input! It does not go unappreciated!

--Rob.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
An old buddy of mine had a Bill Cherry jersey ... yep, you guessed it... #69. I assume he still has it too. Two things that aren't going anywhere... The Green Bay Packers and in-borne **********. :)

Members online

No members online now.