Jerry Porter

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
PackersNews.com reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson wouldn't say whether he has had talks with the Oakland Raiders about a trade for WR Jerry Porter, who wants out of Oakland.

hmm that has to have one wondering. Usually when your not you just say so but if you are and judging from Thompson's "keep it behind doors management," I'd say they're is a strong chance that Green Bay made an offer or made some small talk. I heard Oakland wants another RB as they're weak behind Jordan. Maybe Davenport and a pick.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
DakotaT said:
all about da packers said:
PackerLegend said:
PackersNews.com reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson wouldn't say whether he has had talks with the Oakland Raiders about a trade for WR Jerry Porter, who wants out of Oakland.

It won't happen.

Porter needs time to learn the new system, and while it would be good in the long run, TT isn't going to trade away what the Raiders would likely demand, a young prospect that has a bright future and a high draft pick. Ferrgy/Gardner + draft pick just won't cut it.
How about KGB straight up! His one trick pony pass rush and very weak run support has left me uninspired.

i like!

I'd do that in a heartbeat. However, if you were the Raiders GM, would you take that deal? The GM would be smart enough to have a handle on KGB, and realize he is overpaid and a one trick pony who can't even do his one trick up to par.

That is why I believe they would ask for someone from our draft class from last year/this year + a future high draft pick. The Raiders have Moss, so they are in no urgent need to move the guy, and thus they can sit it out and wait for someone to offer a high package, and take it.

If it was me as the Raiders GM, I'd probably start with a 3rd round draft pick + Nick Collins for Porter. The Raiders have their future DBs set with Huff and Collins, and they get a good pick to boot. Heck I'm tempted to say they might even ask for one of our young DTs, maybe Williams. That is too much to give up in the short term for the Packers.

Reaction score
porky88 said:
PackerLegend said:

hmm that has to have one wondering. Usually when your not you just say so but if you are and judging from Thompson's "keep it behind doors management," I'd say they're is a strong chance that Green Bay made an offer or made some small talk. I heard Oakland wants another RB as they're weak behind Jordan. Maybe Davenport and a pick.

Actually Art likes his RBs to have some power and the "OMPH!" factor, which means the RBs can run people over. However, given his recent injury history, I think they would want at least one conditional pick on top of regular draft pick aswell.

Members online

Latest posts