1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jerry Porter

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Jul 26, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm that has to have one wondering. Usually when your not you just say so but if you are and judging from Thompson's "keep it behind doors management," I'd say they're is a strong chance that Green Bay made an offer or made some small talk. I heard Oakland wants another RB as they're weak behind Jordan. Maybe Davenport and a pick.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd do that in a heartbeat. However, if you were the Raiders GM, would you take that deal? The GM would be smart enough to have a handle on KGB, and realize he is overpaid and a one trick pony who can't even do his one trick up to par.

That is why I believe they would ask for someone from our draft class from last year/this year + a future high draft pick. The Raiders have Moss, so they are in no urgent need to move the guy, and thus they can sit it out and wait for someone to offer a high package, and take it.

If it was me as the Raiders GM, I'd probably start with a 3rd round draft pick + Nick Collins for Porter. The Raiders have their future DBs set with Huff and Collins, and they get a good pick to boot. Heck I'm tempted to say they might even ask for one of our young DTs, maybe Williams. That is too much to give up in the short term for the Packers.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually Art likes his RBs to have some power and the "OMPH!" factor, which means the RBs can run people over. However, given his recent injury history, I think they would want at least one conditional pick on top of regular draft pick aswell.