1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jermichael Finley; The Attitude

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Oct 10, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    What do you think of Finley and his attitude?
    I don't really mean his comments on Twitter and to the media last week about the team "needing to get him, the playmaker, the ball more", coming off a 49-point blowout win.

What I mean is, for example, how yesterday he dropped some key passes. But when he did make a catch or two, he did what Driver occasionally does, but with more "hot dog", "look at me" diva stuff.

Personally, I want Finley to study the career and class of the other #88 last night, Tony Gonzalez.
    Or Antonio Gates. Or Jason Witten. Those guys acted like they were simply doing their job catching balls thrown to them. Like they'd been there before. Maybe J-Mike was just fired up last night when he made a couple of catches after he had dropped the TD and another 3rd down pass.

But he honestly rubbed me the wrong way last night. And I know my parents, and an aunt, said the same thing on our family site.

Are we just all old, or did he rub any of you the wrong way last night?
    Even Shannon Sharpe didn't act like that on the field. He may have had the biggest mouth, but I don't recall him being like that with Denver or Baltimore.

• Like Like x 1
  2. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I think I am just old. I'm not crazy about any of the "individual" celebrations that take place today. I like Lombardi's admonition about getting into the end zone -- "Act like you've been there before." I think the Lambeau Leap is okay because it is more a celebration of and with the fans than an individual "Hey, look at me."

• Like Like x 1
  3. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    I was upset with his drops, especially after his big mouth moves this last week. What I was furious about was his antics after the catches he made. Using Drivers 1st down move one time, checking out his bicep the other.... I just can't handle it. I'm a character guy. How they act is just as important, if not more important to me than how they produce. Having talent does not excuse you for acting like a total moron. Same goes for any other player.

4. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    It's a game, a guy can't have some fun playing a game anymore?

I'm cool with his attitude as long as he doesn't distract during practice, doesn't complain about the food cafe' or whatever, and what not... as long as he produces on the field by getting us a ton of 3rd down conversions and the rest of the team likes playing with him...

5. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    Kind of makes you wonder what the rest of the team thinks about him. The good thing is, even if they didn't like him, I doubt we'd ever know it because the vast majority of the Packers are level-headed people that don't spout off about what they like/don't like and every thought that comes to their head. I think that is why Finley sticks out like such a sore thumb on our team.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I just tweeted a tip to Finley to study the reactions to success that Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates have had.
    Similar to what Lombardi said, act like you've been there before.

I hate the ghetto, selfish, look at me, my bicep, crap. Can't stand it. Finley is so damn talented and dangerous for a defense. He just needs to mellow out and mature. Not sure if that zebra can change his stripes or not. Johnny Jolly could not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I don't think that's fair to Finley.
    Jolly = Drug problem
    Finley = Super Confident... (without the filter over his mouth/mind).
    Idk, I'd like to see Finley save his Celebrations for big 3rd down conversions/or TDs.
    But I don't think he should be straight up hated for rocking some swagger.
    I mean, we've got a guy that Whips out a Title Belt Celebration after scoring a TD.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    As long as he helps us win he can get as fired up as he wants :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    I know I'm the wrong side on this one, I hate that Moss/TO type of "ME!" mentality, It just gets under my skin.
    Idk, I just hope that with the coaches we have, the blue collar lockerroom we have, midwestern environment of wisconsin will have some kind of rub on Finley where he learns to grow up and what not (kinda like with Woodson).

Now with his contract coming up, we'll see if he acts like a keeper or becomes a headache.

10. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    There is something more psychologically intimidating about a player who acts like this is just something he does all the time, than one who celebrates when he makes one catch. If I'm a defender and a guy does all that celebrating for one catch, I think, "I guess he's happy he caught one" rather than with the other approach I think; "Man, does that guy EVER miss?"

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    It seems to me that the Packers are the only team where it's fans have a problem with the receivers one way or another.

Do fans of other teams complain like this on other boards?

12. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    Perhaps it's because the Packers fans don't want just good, they want the best. My mother had a saying on a piece of paper by the door. "Good, better, best. Never let it rest, til your good is better and your better best." We want the classiest most perfect team there is in pro football.