Jermichael Finley for Chris Johnson

Would you trade Finley right now for Chris Johnson?

• Total voters

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank I think you and I are on the same page for the most part. But for you to come in here and post anti Finley junk in this instance is bs imho. Pick on the guy when he drops passes not when he had absolutely no drops and caught every pass thrown his way.

and btw you can take down your Ryan picture which conveys a message. :)

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO there is no way Thompson is going to trade a first round pick for a player at a position I'll bet he thinks he has covered for the present and the foreseeable future.

This, which is part of what I was trying to point out, though I didn't do a good enough job of it. Anyone CAN be traded for--I'd even give up Rodgers for the right price--but the cost can make the players effectively untradeable.

For example, if the Colts or Redskins and offered us Luck or RG3, any 3 other players of GB's choice, and their entire drafts for the next 10 years, they could have Rodgers tomorrow. But no one would be crazy enough to offer that.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
When was the last time a Packer RB had 190+ yards rushing?

Grant and Wynn went for over 200 combined in 2008. Neither are on a team at the moment.

Grant by himself when for over 200 vs the SeaHawks in 2007.

Are either of those guys worth the contract that Johnson has gotten vs his overall performance the past two season? He still is producing, but not 10 million a year level.

Review.. CJ2 contract details. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/chris-johnson/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That contract has 8 million left on it in bonus money alone. Simply that does not fit our roster.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnson tries to bounce outside to bust it wide way too much. He just doesn't have that type of mobility anymore. I would rather get a RB that gets a few yards every time and an occasional medium run than a runner that tries for the home run ball entirely too much.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From yesterday:

Remember when people were falling over themselves at RGIII's 4.1 running start 40? CBS clocked Chris Johnson at 3.77 in the game

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
From yesterday:

Remember when people were falling over themselves at RGIII's 4.1 running start 40? CBS clocked Chris Johnson at 3.77 in the game

Doubt that was from a stand still.....probably from a running start already having a head of steam going. If that was from a stand still, that has to be some sort of record.

But.......just because you are fast does not mean you are all that and a bag of chips.....look at the Raiders WR, hayward bay....he is blazing fast, but can't catch an STD in a ***** house.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnson tries to bounce outside to bust it wide way too much. He just doesn't have that type of mobility anymore. I would rather get a RB that gets a few yards every time and an occasional medium run than a runner that tries for the home run ball entirely too much.
Nov 1, 2012 -
Chris Johnson leads the NFL with 550 rushing yards in the last five weeks, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports.
Spin:
Johnson has clearly turned it on lately in yardage and is being relied upon to the tune of nearly 22 touches per game the last five games.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since you said this, Johnson is 2nd in the NFL in rushing. Also:
He is averaging 117 yards per game since Week 4 and is also on pace for the second-highest rushing total of his career.

Johnson had 23 carries for 126 yards and one touchdown, snapping Miami's 22-game streak without allowing a 100-yard rusher. He also added one catch for eight yards in the Titans' 37-3 trouncing over the Dolphins Sunday.
Spin:
Johnson continues to impress and has over 90 rushing yards in six of his past seven games, boasting an average of 117 rushing yards per game over that span.
Throughout the season CJ has achieved similar feats, becoming the first back in the past 18 games to crack 100 yards against the Texans and last week becoming the only over 100 yards against the Bears in the last 19 contests. Miami is allowing just 83.9 yards per game on the ground this season and have held the likes of Arian Foster and Darren McFadden to under 3.1 yards per carry, but if CJ's recent form is any indication, he'll be up to the challenge Sunday.
I bet on Johnson back in week 4 in Fantasy Football and he's paid huge dividends. I knew what I saw in him the first few weeks was horrible blocking with 9 men in the box to stop him.
There are still 9 guys on defense focusing on stopping him, because Tennessee's passing game is pathetic. But they've had some better blocking, and he's electric still.
What has Finley given us other than a bunch of bad headlines and stress?
One touchdown since week 1. And a bunch of dropped passes.
Contract issues aside (Finley is due $8 mil next year I believe), Chris Johnson would have made defenses have nightmares before facing us.
Of course, knowing our luck, Johnson would have already pulled a hamstring once he started our team workout procedures.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ Sorry Frank, CJ is not even in the top 5 in rushing yds.

1. Adrian Peterson, MIN 775
2. Marshawn Lynch, SEA 757
3. Alfred Morris, WSH 717
4. Stevan Ridley, NE 716
5. Arian Foster, HOU 659

He is ranked in at 8th.

Johnson is currently 6th, just ahead of Frank Gore.
But Johnson's average per carry is 5.1, which is 3rd among Top-Ten NFL rushers.
Arian Foster is averaging 4.0 per carry. The great Marshawn Lynch 4.7. Ray Rice 4.3 and 165 yards behind Johnson.
Rookie Doug Martin has bursted onto the scene with a few long touchdown runs. His average is now at 5.1, the same as Chris Johnson.

Johnson is not washed up as some would have liked to believe.
I'm not saying getting him is realistic.
I'm not saying Finley is enough to get him.
But saying that Johnson is no good anymore, or that he wouldn't help this offense more than Finley, well that's just disingenuous.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2012/rushing/0_byRUSH_YDS.html

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnson is entirely overrated and overpaid. Period
He's not overrated. In here, he's underrated. He's 10x better than our current starting RB's.
Might be overpaid though because even great RB's don't lead teams to the Promised Land these days.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or that "mega trades" dont happen?

Or that real life franchises aren't run like fantasy football teams or Madden franchises.

In all fairness, this thread was started before the trade deadline, though why people are still entertaining this idea is beyond me.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He's not overrated. In here, he's underrated. He's 10x better than our current starting RB's.
Might be overpaid though because even great RB's don't lead teams to the Promised Land these days.
Does being the last sane person on earth make you crazy? Yes. Johnson IS overrated. I don't care how fast he is, to quote Carter "fastest back in the league? Tell that to all the defensive players who keep stopping him for one yard gains."

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The titans run a lot of full house and wishbone formations. Many of his yards can be credited to this. Plus the titans line are great at run blocking and the packers are not.
Bottom line is Packers will not get the dude. Id rather spend our money on a reliable 3-4 yard guy than a home run guy.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact is Chris Johnson, or Steven Jackson, would have helped this. But Benson was on his way too, before the rare injury. Dammit another one.

The Packers haven't had a 100-yard rusher in 38 games.

Running the ball well, once and for all, would be one heck of an antibiotic for this offense.
The team's pass protection, fragile of late, catches a break. Opposing defenses would have to think twice about being so passive, possibly creeping a safety into the box and allowing Rodgers to strike.
And maybe, just maybe, the Packers would become a more physical team in the process. New York reminded Green Bay precisely where it must improve, where urgency is highest.

"They were more physical than we were, and that's something we need to look at," McCarthy said Sunday night. "It's one game, and it's a bell we'll have to answer."

Inside the locker room after Sunday's game, defensive end B.J. Raji said "We got out butts whupped" and right guard Josh Sitton said the Giants "kicked our (expletive)." At one locker, Erik Walden nursed a bloody finger. And on the way out, Ryan Pickett walked with a slight hitch.

For Green Bay, opposing locker rooms haven't looked or sounded anything like this.
A run game is needed.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Jackson Yes. Johnson, NO, he even couldn't run with his own line at the beginning of the season (not to mention last season) what makes you think he could run with ours?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between Johnson and Finley? One has actually proven he is talented, the other just talks about it

Members online

Latest posts