Jermichael Finley for Chris Johnson

Would you trade Finley right now for Chris Johnson?

• Total voters
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson Yes. Johnson, NO, he even couldn't run with his own line at the beginning of the season (not to mention last season) what makes you think he could run with ours?
Watching Titans games this year makes me think that.
But you're right, our OL sucks.
Still, it is the threat that Johnson presents that instantly would open some things up for Rodgers and this passing game.

Defenses, whether you like Johnson's attitude or not, DO fear that guy. That makes them defend in a different way than teams do us.

I'd like a guy who can burst thru and go 50 in a heartbeat. On the rare occasion the OL provides a glimmer of daylight.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade deadline has past anyway.
I guys you got your way, James Starks and Al Green will lead the way.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...ay-Go-Johnson-go?campaign=Twitter_nfln_videos

Pro Football Weekly@ProFootballWkly
There goes Chris Johnson, 94 yards for a #Titans touchdown. Home-run hitter.

ESPN Monday Night@ESPNMondayNight
That man still has speed. CJ's 6th career TD run of 80 yards or more -- his 3rd this season. #MNF

Tennessee Titans@tennesseetitans
That was Chris Johnson's sixth career touchdown of 80-plus yards, the most in #NFL history. #Titans

Michael Signora@NFLfootballinfo
Chris Johnson now has 6 career TD runs of 80+ yards, most in NFL history. No other player has more than 3 #NYJvsTEN

SportsCenter@SportsCenter
That was the 6th time Chris Johnson has rushed for a TD of 80 yards or longer, the MOST in NFL history. #MNF

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo
Chris Johnson's 3rd TD run of 80+ yards this season (tied for most since 1940- Barry Sanders, 3 in 1997, Johnson also had 3 in 2009)

trey wingo@wingoz
nobody has more 80 yd runs in NFL history than Chris Johnson

Congratulations:
^ You guys were the winner of this poll. ^ :)

And to the arm chairer here who said Johnson wasn't fast anymore or wasn't good, LOL.
I told you he still has it... now you guys who have ESPN but not the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, maybe you saw.

Sorry to say "I told you so", but I watched this guy all year long..... it was plain as day to me all along.... this guy would have added a dimension to our offense that.... we... have... never had. And I think we could have had him for Finley maybe earlier in the year. Hard to say as trades are rare. But Finley's averaging about 3 catches a game. Johnson gets about 3 a game too, plus runs it.

He hits home runs more than Adrian Peterson, and he'd open things up so much more for our receivers downfield, dang.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my dog for chris johnson. That guy is a joke. A fat contract and he becomes useless. The only big game he has is his talk. He is DONE. Teams no longer fear him and he has no more vision.....he lost his mojo.

That trade would be listed as one of the worst in history.
You obviously don't/didn't have the Sunday Ticket, LOL.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-...ay-Go-Johnson-go?campaign=Twitter_nfln_videos

Pro Football Weekly@ProFootballWkly
There goes Chris Johnson, 94 yards for a #Titans touchdown. Home-run hitter.

ESPN Monday Night@ESPNMondayNight
That man still has speed. CJ's 6th career TD run of 80 yards or more -- his 3rd this season. #MNF

Tennessee Titans@tennesseetitans
That was Chris Johnson's sixth career touchdown of 80-plus yards, the most in #NFL history. #Titans

Michael Signora@NFLfootballinfo
Chris Johnson now has 6 career TD runs of 80+ yards, most in NFL history. No other player has more than 3 #NYJvsTEN

SportsCenter@SportsCenter
That was the 6th time Chris Johnson has rushed for a TD of 80 yards or longer, the MOST in NFL history. #MNF

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo
Chris Johnson's 3rd TD run of 80+ yards this season (tied for most since 1940- Barry Sanders, 3 in 1997, Johnson also had 3 in 2009)

trey wingo@wingoz
nobody has more 80 yd runs in NFL history than Chris Johnson

Congratulations:
^ You guys were the winner of this poll. ^ :)

And to the arm chairer here who said Johnson wasn't fast anymore or wasn't good, LOL.
I told you he still has it... now you guys who have ESPN but not the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, maybe you saw.

Sorry to say "I told you so", but I watched this guy all year long..... it was plain as day to me all along.... this guy would have added a dimension to our offense that.... we... have... never had. And I think we could have had him for Finley maybe earlier in the year. Hard to say as trades are rare. But Finley's averaging about 3 catches a game. Johnson gets about 3 a game too, plus runs it.

He hits home runs more than Adrian Peterson, and he'd open things up so much more for our receivers downfield, dang.

I think the issues were 1. Contract 2. Our line blocking ability. 3. Attitude.

Him being 11th this season in rushing doesn't change any of that.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the issues were 1. Contract 2. Our line blocking ability. 3. Attitude.
Have you seen Finley's contract next season?
What about Finley's attitude? His attitude has made way more headlines than Johnson's has.

As for #2, a RB with his speed can make a poor OLine look OK, and an OK OLine look good.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you seen Finley's contract next season?
What about Finley's attitude? His attitude has made way more headlines than Johnson's has.

As for #2, a RB with his speed can make a poor OLine look OK, and an OK OLine look good.

What contract? He's getting cut. Of course the titans would trade their sales pitch for finley.

But saying he isn't, with your numbers, what, that's a $5 mil difference? That's the difference between another playmaker and not one.

As far as the attitude, the solution isn't replacing one attitude with another.

I won't even mention that Johnson has almost as many fumbles as TDs this season. Or that rbs are a dime a dozen or that you don't win running the ball.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What contract? He's getting cut. Of course the titans would tease their sales pitch for finley.

But saying he isn't, with your numbers, what, that's a $5 mil difference? That's the difference between another playmaker and not one.

As far as the attitude, the solution isn't replacing one attitude with another.

I won't even mention that Johnson has almost as many fumbles as TDs this season. Or that rbs are a dime a dozen or that you don't win running the ball.
Finley's # IIRC next year is only $2 mil less than Johnson.

After this week ends tonight, Johnson will be 6th or 7th in rushing and about 5 per carry.

It's true, RB's aren't as important as they used to be. No doubt.

But Finley has had about 3 catches a game this year on average... and comparing the two as the thread title eludes to, that's a clear edge in production-per-dollar for Chris Johnson. Not close.

Finley has caused Rodgers and many Packer fans more headaches than anyone since Javon Walker... or longer.

Johnson has 3 fumbles, same as Peterson, Bradshaw, Ricahrdson, Bush, and Lynch this year, and less than Jamaal Charles, Alfred MOrris, LeSean McCoy. Willis McGahee has 5.

Now here's the negative: for us with our luck, we'd do this deal and Johnson would hurt his foot like Benson did or like Grant did in 2010, or hurt his hammy like Jordy, or his knee like Javon Walker or Robert Brooks. Or his neck like Sterling Sharpe or Nick Collins.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

After this week ends tonight, Johnson will be 6th or 7th in rushing and about 5 per carry.

But Finley has had about 3 catches a game this year on average... and comparing the two as the thread title eludes to, that's a clear edge in production-per-dollar for Chris Johnson. Not close.

Finley has caused Rodgers and many Packer fans more headaches than anyone since Javon Walker... or longer.

Johnson has 3 fumbles, same as Peterson, Bradshaw, Ricahrdson, Bush, and Lynch this year, and less than Jamaal Charles, Alfred MOrris, LeSean McCoy. Willis McGahee has 5.

Now here's the negative: for us with our luck, we'd do this deal and Johnson would hurt his foot like Benson did or like Grant did in 2010, or hurt his hammy like Jordy, or his knee like Javon Walker or Robert Brooks. Or his neck like Sterling Sharpe or Nick Collins.
Here's the difference, we can cut Finley without breaking the bank, so long as we do it before March. Some would say they would rather do without either. By the way, what did Johnson's other runs go for?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Over paying for a RB would be the worst thing this team could do.

$27 million over the next 3 years? Yikes!

Your right, finley isn't producing, that's why he is getting cut (hopefully).

Raji, Matthews, jones, Rodgers should all be kept above going out and dropping huge money on a RB.

It's easy to say trade one player for another but I really don't see the upside for Tennessee in this one.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over paying for a RB would be the worst thing this team could do.

$27 million over the next 3 years? Yikes!

Your right, finley isn't producing, that's why he is getting cut (hopefully).

Raji, Matthews, (James) jones, Rodgers should all be kept above going out and dropping huge money on a RB.

It's easy to say trade one player for another but I really don't see the upside for Tennessee in this one.
Agree with that!
How bout trading Jermichael Finley to Oakland for Sebastian Janikowski !!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Overall, this is a dumba$$ scenario, wont ever happen, and the two players are both crap.....last time I checked you would never trade crap for crap.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall, this is a dumba$$ scenario, wont ever happen, and the two players are both crap.....last time I checked you would never trade crap for crap.
You call both crap yet Johnson set another NFL record last night with his 6th long TD run, and last year Finley had 3 TDs in one game at Chicago.
They both have talent, with some baggage.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
They are both so very innconsistant, not a good quality. How long did it take CJ to get his butt in gear last year, till week 12 or something??? He is a lightswitch guy, either on or off...plus he is to easy to tackle. and finley...yeah, we all know his story.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You call both crap yet Johnson set another NFL record last night with his 6th long TD run, and last year Finley had 3 TDs in one game at Chicago.
They both have talent, with some baggage.
He got lucky 4 times! What did his other runs go for??? Johnson is the fastest man in the league? Then why can't he ever reach the freaking LOS?????

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. I'm in the club that thinks RB's are a dime a dozen and am not in favor of paying them that much.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
That IS funny..... I just had to respond to the ones who said Johnson didn't have the speed anymore, wasn't dangerous, etc.
That was false.
Meh. I'm in the club that thinks RB's are a dime a dozen and am not in favor of paying them that much.
I agree with that... RB's aren't necessary anymore, but if we had him (contract aside), I guarantee you LBers would have nightmares the night before facing our offense.
He got lucky 4 times! What did his other runs go for??? Johnson is the fastest man in the league? Then why can't he ever reach the freaking LOS?????
Barry Sanders once had a game against us where he had 17 or 18 carries... for no yards total.
His stat line was 18 for 0.

At least Johnson can bust one to the house if he gets a hole.... name the last Packer RB to take one 80 yards to the house for a TD?
CJ2K has done it 6 times!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I feel bad for him.
Terrible QB, terrible WRs, TE is out.... bad coaching..... he is their only offense.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
So.....you are saying that Kenny Brit, Nate Washington, and Kendall Wright and not part of that offense? Those are 3 good WR's in a poor system, CJ is not their only offense.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I bet you think you were right in i dont think we can catch the bears thread too? I see nothing wrong with our running game right now and we need the money to sign guys that we actually need...

Members online

Latest posts