1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jennings shines in Packers 35-21 preseason loss to Titans

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Great article. Says Jennings is the starter for the regular season!! w00t

2. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's earned it... I'm glad it's finally official.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    sweet.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He should be the starter but I'd hardly say he shone in the last game. He played all of 4 plays (although he did make the biggest play of the preseason).

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He made the top TWO plays of the preseason. 85 and 89 yard receptions. I'm more surprised that Ferguson was surprised that Jennings beat him out for the start. If he was watching this kid, he would KNOW why Jennings is starting and not him. The kid looks hungry out there!
    Now........what i don't understand was how Jennings got caught from behind on that 89 yard play. He SHOULD have been able to out run the defenders.

6. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pursuit angle. He was not caught from behind, the safely did his job and did not take a bad angle in his pursuit, resulting in tackling him at the 3.

In fairness, he should be on the waiver list if he was happy with losing his job.

Here is what Jennings had to say about Fergy:

"He (Ferguson) has been teaching me things I'd have never known," Jennings said. "It's odd but we probably have the best relationship of all the receivers. It's a blessing. Being in the position we're in, knowing it was us two going at it, we didn't let it get in our way."

Seems like a good team player conducting himself like a pro to me.

Robert Ferguson lost his starting job but should be solid as the No. 3 -- which is what I have always thought he should be. He plays very well on all special teams (kicking and punting coverage and returns) and when on the field as a WR he is by far the best blocker at his position - among the best in the league.

I hope he responds to the #3 spot well, at least 3 side receivers will see considerable action in every game.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't know if its cuz of lack of sleep or what. But reading Fergusons comments and Jennings what he says about him. Gets me excited for our WR core from third spot up.

Ferguson I believe is a stud on Special Teams so that's good.

I cant wait for the season!!

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was NOT saying Ferguson should be HAPPY with losing his starting job, just not SURPRISED! The kid outplayed him, period!
    I always liked Ferguson, and hoped he would show his best on the field. I hoped he would grab the chance to be a starter and litterally run with it. I do believe that the cheap shot clothesline he took a couple years back hurt him mentally.