Jennings picks Favre, disses Rodgers

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerflatlander, the first year Favre was with the Vikings, he schooled the packers both games. So while the packers did end up winning the super bowl in 2010 which is the only "revenge" that matters. so really it is 1-0.

Big deal. Winning those two regular season games didn't get Favre a ring. Sorry, I don't consider that to be worth anything. The Vikings losing the title game wiped that all out. You don't think Ted was smirking after that? I know I was, lol. I was so happy, I ran around the bar three times. Favre got what he deserved and even more so when Rodgers won it all, one year later.

I don't get why fans have to hate a player because he left in free agency? So what he went to the vikings,? they offered him a great contract, why wouldn't he take it? He wants to be financially secure, he has his ring, he doesn't need anything else other than some money to be set for the rest of his life.

I don't hate anyone. You're right - Jennings did what any sensible free agent would do. It doesn't change the fact that he acted all mopey towards the end of last season. As for Favre, no I don't see him in a positive light and that's just the way I see it. The dude is a drama queen and a dirtball. I think more fondly of ****ey, Majkowski, and Rodgers.

the packers weren't going to pay him(not that I think they should have) so get over it. And another thing the packers players need to shut up and focus on not getting embarrassed again in the playoffs.

Nothing to "get over". I'm glad they didn't pay him. As for getting embarrassed in the playoffs, I couldn't agree with you more. Until they can beat the Giants and 49ers, they absolutely do have a lot to prove.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys are reading WAAAAAAAY to much into this.

Rodgers himself said this about Jennings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161647/article/aaron-rodgers-on-expacker-greg-jennings-who

We don't know if they both enjoy teasing each other through the media, what their current relationship is, etc...

Jennings might have just been taking a shot back at Rodgers, oh well, i am sure we will see how our defensive players feel when jennings does his crossing routes, thats all I care about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was mentioned on this thread it could be a joke between the too

I dont mind the "the guy" comment

I dont like the flip flopper (Jennings) who wants Brett now, but 2 years ago he wanted Rodgers

I get that while here in GB, the correct thing he HAD to say was he wanted Rodgers...

But how do we know he isnt say Brett because he feels he HAD to say it?

Sure wouldnt look good if he said I want Rodgers, who is their biggest division rival

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jennings and hope he has a good year. But unless the league lets him use a first baseman's mitt during games, he's going to have trouble catching many passes thrown in his vicinity.

Buster Hymen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings obviously has a closer tie with favre now. they both made the same exact move from GB to MIN. The only thing people ever have to say, with confidence, in terms of favre being better then rodgers is that he did it for so long. thats it. jennings knows theres no comparison on the field.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that Rodgers broke wind in Jennings general direction three days ago.... Ohhhh, that horror. Jennings then changed his facebook status to "sad." Pass it on

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I'm just looking forwrd to how bad GJ will want Arod back after having been over thrown and dirt diving for passes with ponder tossing the pig skin. Try to pad your stats with ponder as QB, lol....keep trying.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad part is, most here posting on this thread are so hate everybody else butt blind, that they don't realize the truth. He's right! Aaron doesn't compare to Brett and until Aaron makes and wins another Superbowl he won't compare, Brett will be the better QB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad part is, most here posting on this thread are so hate everybody else butt blind, that they don't realize the truth. He's right! Aaron doesn't compare to Brett and until Aaron makes and wins another Superbowl he won't compare, Brett will be the better QB.

Oh the trolling...

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL, seriously??? Uh ... that is YOUR opinion. Why does Aaron need to win another? He has the same amount of rings.

Better at what? Tossing bags of kittens and water balloons up in the air, with the season on the line? Sure, I'll agree with that.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's take your questions one by one shall we: You ask "Why does Aaron need to win another?" It's simple the year after Brett won one, he went back and lost one. The year after Aaron won one, he didn't even make it back.

Better at what? you ask: More TDs thrown, games won, yards thrown, completions, do I need to go on here?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's take your questions one by one shall we: You ask "Why does Aaron need to win another?" It's simple the year after Brett won one, he went back and lost one. The year after Aaron won one, he didn't even make it back.

Better at what? you ask: More TDs thrown, games won, yards thrown, completions, do I need to go on here?

After Reggie left the Packers, Brett never went back..
TRUTH

Brett had a few more chances to go to the SB...With BOTH chances he ended his team's appearance by tossing an interception..
TRUTH

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nope. Here's the difference ... when Brett won his in '96, there was no back-story to it. It was cool and all, but compared to the back-story with Rodgers' ring, there's no comparison. TT, MM, and Rodgers all collectively won a Lombardi trophy together, and then collectively laughed and shoved it in Favre's ****. Most beautiful g'damn thing I've ever seen in my life. The year prior, Favre tried to "stick it" to Ted, and then did what he does best in playoff games. Stick it? More like EPIC FAIL. Couldn't make it up if I tried, lol. Hilarious.

But, whatever. You can suit yourself, and continue to glorify him. I will continue to leave him where he belongs, which is on my dartboard and painted at the bottom of my toilet. I've been going to games since 1982 and would rather glorify ****ey and Majkowski. I don't owe that f'stick Favre anything. Need I say more?

Members online

Latest posts