Jennings picks Favre, disses Rodgers

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like to read it but honestly what is he supposed to say? Something that would **** off his current team? Or worry about what us bored packer fans write about in our blogs and forum posts during the off-season. I dislike packers that move across the border to the land of purple hell as much as the next guy. But it's not like it some jaw dropping slant towards Rodgers. GJ would rather see INTs end play off runs and by all means thats his prerogative.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I dont like to read it but honestly what is he supposed to say?
Here's the key phrase in that story IMO: "Despite not being solicited to make a comparison..." What's he supposed to say? If he were smart (and I'm not accusing him of that) he wouldn't have brought it up.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"You played with, potentially, two Hall-of-Fame quarterbacks. Christian Ponder is trying to ascend to where they've already been. When you came here, did you have an expectation that you would have to work with Christian and tell him some things to do?"

Here is the actual question he was answering. I guess I could see in the middle of an interview how this could come off as a comparison of the two in the first statement although the question was more specifically pointed towards Christian Ponder. Again its a long off season and anything they can do to get a few page hits during the early summer doldrums.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Flip flopper

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...packers-says-aaron-rodgers-better-brett-favre

They both bring different things to the table, but honestly right now I definitely have to go with ... Aaron, his body of work at such a young age, his attention to detail, his discipline, I think it's really second to none -- its un-paralleled," Jennings said on "The Ian O'Connor Show" on ESPN New York 1050 on Sunday when asked which player he thought was the better quarterback.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drama drama drama

I'm not sure what Jennings is comparing, but here are the best statistical seasons with GB for each quarterback:

____________Favre 2007_____Rodgers' 2011______
Completion %____66.5%__________68.3%________
Yards________4,155 yards______4,643 yards______
TDs____________28____________45__________
INTs___________15_____________6__________
Fumbles_________5_____________4__________
QB Rating_______95.7___________122.5________

Maybe Jennings is upset that Rodgers didn't tweet him a goodbye. Who really knows or cares, but Rodgers was definitely better during his time with Jennings than Favre. What's interesting is that despite Rodgers having a better WR corps to throw to, Jennings still enjoyed better stats with Rodgers (despite the competition). Maybe Jennings is just fondly remembering Favre's record-breaking TD reception against the Vikings...

Per season, Jennings averaged more receptions, targets, yards, TDs, and first downs with Rodgers. Jennings gained slightly more yards per catch (15.8 vs 15.2) with Favre but he fumbled less with Rodgers.

Maybe Favre sexted Jennings and that's where the man love is coming from?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Vikings have been forcing Jennings drink the purple kool-aid?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is being taken out of context to possibly fuel a rivalry. Jennings didn't "diss" Rodgers by taking Favre, he merely used him as a comparison between how Rodgers and Ponder developed as QBs. They took two very different roads. I think Jennings was just stating that as a comparison.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess he is upset we didnt resign our #4 WR

Ha, totally. This gets post of the day, as far as I'm concerned. Jennings had some great moments with us and he came up huge in the Super Bowl - I'll never take that from him. But, his whole attitude towards the end of last season - eh ... either you're one of us, or you're not. I'll never wish injury on him, ever, but I do hope we absolutely lay him out. I hope someone lays the plank on him and hard.

One more thing ... if he's looking at this as a "revenge war" with Ted, because Ted didn't give him an extension last year, then, well - we all know what Ted's record is in revenge wars. 2-0. It looks like this ...

Saints 31, Vikings 28
Packers 31, Steelers 25

Any questions?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess Aaron and Greg are just messing with each other and it's a slight inside joke.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerflatlander, the first year Favre was with the Vikings, he schooled the packers both games. So while the packers did end up winning the super bowl in 2010 which is the only "revenge" that matters. so really it is 1-0.

I don't get why fans have to hate a player because he left in free agency? So what he went to the vikings,? they offered him a great contract, why wouldn't he take it? He wants to be financially secure, he has his ring, he doesn't need anything else other than some money to be set for the rest of his life.

the packers weren't going to pay him(not that I think they should have) so get over it. And another thing the packers players need to shut up and focus on not getting embarrassed again in the playoffs.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether he meant it that way or not, the comments come off as petty, especially when you figure in how GJ behaved during last season with regard to negotiations and with what his sister said.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is being taken out of context to possibly fuel a rivalry. Jennings didn't "diss" Rodgers by taking Favre, he merely used him as a comparison between how Rodgers and Ponder developed as QBs. They took two very different roads. I think Jennings was just stating that as a comparison.

But he did flip flop...He stated by the link I provided he would take Rodgers..Now he will take Brett..

Maybe just being in Minny made him say that...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the packers weren't going to pay him(not that I think they should have) so get over it.

And another thing the packers players need to shut up and focus on not getting embarrassed again in the playoffs.

What if you were told that during training camp in 2012, the Packers offered him pretty close if not more than what he signed for in Minnesota?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone on the radio stated that during a awards show for Wisconsin sports, Rodgers said Greg who....

Maybe by referring to Rodgers as "that guy" was just his dig back at Rodgers..

But I am really bothered by his flip flopping on who he states is better, or who he rather have

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on the radio stated that during a awards show for Wisconsin sports, Rodgers said Greg who....

Maybe by referring to Rodgers as "that guy" was just his dig back at Rodgers..

But I am really bothered by his flip flopping on who he states is better, or who he rather have

Like I stated earlier in the thread, it's an inside joke and they are messing with each other through the media. I thought it was real at first too, kinda funny actually.