Jenkins Hit

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, it was a cheap shot.

mccown wasn't going for the bigby at all (which surprised me)

jenkins did knock the **** out him though.

if you're make a late hit, might as well make it count.

jenkins has been average this year. he hasn't been double teams lately and still is not making plays.

harrell played well, though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then lay down on the ground.
or
Get the hell off the football field, a game is being played.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

Then lay down on the ground.
or
Get the hell off the football field, a game is being played.

warren sapp might have said the same thing...

it was a dumb play and cost us a touchdown.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I didn't see a hit to the head like they called, and McCown was jogging toward the play... kind of. :lol:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasnt a late hit... it was ruled unneccesary roughness. ONLY because it was a QB. IF warren sapp had done that to clifton i would have no problem with it... thats a legal as hell hit.

What sapp did was dirty and blindside.

Jenkins just did what lineman do.... pick a guy(hopefully the quarterback) and block the **** out of him until your free.

and mass your right... McCown was going for the play... who knows if the play cuts back towards him... I just think that if McCown was near the play no one would have said anything... i still think its a bad call. but whatever. i would have been pissed if it was Favre so ... ill take it.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're moving toward the play, you're fair game. If you don't want to get hit, stay back. Bad call.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If "unnecessary roughness" is what it claims to be (i.e., roughness that is unnecessary), then that's what it was. It was exactly like Sapp's hit on Clifton. Apparently they've changed the rules since then, and made those hits a penalty, at least against QB's. The league does not like head-hunting. Jenkins should've known that. Maybe he was frustrated because he's barely gotten close to an opposing QB since early in the season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The league does not like head-hunting. Jenkins should've known that. Maybe he was frustrated because he's barely gotten close to an opposing QB since early in the season.

If by head-hunting you mean chest\shoulder-hunting, then yeah.

Also, Jenkins has been very good so your other comments confuse me.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The league does not like head-hunting. Jenkins should've known that. Maybe he was frustrated because he's barely gotten close to an opposing QB since early in the season.

If by head-hunting you mean chest\shoulder-hunting, then yeah.

Also, Jenkins has been very good so your other comments confuse me.

I didn't mean head-hunting literally. Just the idea of a player trying to light up a QB and knock him out of the game.

I agree that Jenkins has played well this year, but he hasn't had a sack in ages, and not many pressures lately either. So maybe it was just a little too tempting when he got a QB in his sights who didn't see him coming.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

jenkins did knock the **** out him though.

if you're make a late hit, might as well make it count.

jenkins has been average this year. he hasn't been double teams lately and still is not making plays.

harrell played well, though.

You know what sucks is I was absolutely sure in the preseason that Jenkins would be in the Pro Bowl. He's been really disappointing this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Those who feel the offense should be protected in that situation are (in my own opinion) the same type who ruin the game by making it a sissy pants league.

Football is VIOLENT, its meant to be VIOLENT.

If you can't handle getting hit after you throw a pick, sit your *** down. Same goes to Chad Clifton. Although Chad was a man about it and didn't once complain about it. He's a man who understands football is VIOLENT.

It was a lame duck call, but I understand protecting the QB. It's a rule and Jenkins was not aware of it, so he says. He is now though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins asked the ref what was wrong with what he did.
The ref told him if it had been anyone but the QB, he wouldn't have been flagged.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when Jenkins freaked out a little bit, didn't Hochuli apologize to him? i had a little tv with bad reception and bad sound, but i swear i heard Jenkins say something like "what'd i do?!?!?!" and then hochuli say "i'm sorry, unnecessary roughness, no. 77..."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if a q/b can't be blocked like this, then a q.b sohuldnt be allowed to tackle a D player on a int or fumble return either

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was in my mind unnecessary roughness and it's the type of play that shouldn't be allowed. It was a good call.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the game again, and I'm not sure what to think because the camera angles were lousy so you couldn't see if McCown was really in the play or not. If he had any chance of making a play on Bigby, then Jenkins was just knocking him off his feet to make sure he couldn't do it. But if the runner had already passed him by, there was no reason to knock him down.

By the way, it was Jack Lambert who said quarterbacks should wear dresses.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was in my mind unnecessary roughness and it's the type of play that shouldn't be allowed. It was a good call.

i disagree. If your a QB and you dont want to get hit... then take a knee. simple as that. Otherwise... the minute you throw an interception your not a quarterback... but one of 11 other defenders. It was a good call... its a bad rule.

Its sissy ********... i understand they wanna protect QBs cause they are the money makers of the NFL. But thats a legal block. If your QB cant take a legal block then he shouldnt be out there. Part of football is getting hit. If its a dirty hit or an illegal hit, then sure give them a 15 yard foul and fine the **** out of the player who hit him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I watched the game again, and I'm not sure what to think because the camera angles were lousy so you couldn't see if McCown was really in the play or not. If he had any chance of making a play on Bigby, then Jenkins was just knocking him off his feet to make sure he couldn't do it. But if the runner had already passed him by, there was no reason to knock him down.

By the way, it was Jack Lambert who said quarterbacks should wear dresses.

Ah. Thanks for the correction, Greg.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I slowed down the hit and there was helmet to helmet on that one. McGown's head snapped to the side when Jenkins hit him. At least it appeared to be helmet to helmet on that hit.

Still, it was payback for all the cheap *** crap the Raiders were pulling. Low hits on Favre, and poking Bennett in the eye. AT least Jenkins didn't hit him low in the legs like their linebackers were pulling.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think it was helmet to helmet, i think it was just a snot knocker. But the QB WAS jogging towards the play. Like was said earlier, if he doesn't want to be in the play, get down on the ground.
What if the runner cut back towards him? You think he wouldn't have tried to make a tackle? And the block wasn't illegal.......EXCEPT he was a qb, according to the ref.

Members online

Latest posts