1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jayrone Elliott

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vrill, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I think if the light ever truly comes on and stays on for this guy, that he could be an all pro type player in our system. Maybe last night against Seattle is the beginning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Also, I want to give a shout out to BJ Raji and our defense. I wish we played Seattle every week because our D gets up for them.

Aaron Rodgers played like the HOFer he is in that game too. And Starks had a good game. Hell, it was a good game all around for us.

GO PACK GO

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269

Time will tell if he's a full-time player or not. There's no doubt that he made the most of his limited reps last night and made two huge plays.

Not bad for an undrafted free-agent out of Toledo.

4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    I absolutely love Elliot and want to see him on the field more often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +968
    He has already begun to make his mark on STs and it may now be bleeding over onto the D. Good for him.

This is the type of player the Packers must acquire and develop in lieu of rarely drafting higher in the order. They acquire young guys with raw talent and some flaws that the braintrust hopes will some day blossom into solid, reliable contributors and maybe even a little more.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    With Matthews playing inside full-time now it's important to get production from other outside linebackers. Elliott's snap count will increase if he continues to make great plays like yesterday.

7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Seems odd to me that they aren't "up" every week. If the season were 162 games I could see being flat occasionally, but not in a 16 game season. That's on the coaches, imo. As Fox says about his Bears team: "We'll find guys who want to do it."

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Player of the game for his 2 turnovers collected.

9. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    Great minds think alike. Elliot's boss, MM, essentially said the same thing about needing to get the kid out on the field more!

10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    I think he's a liability in run defense compared to Neal and Perry. Passing downs? Sure, why not.

11. Robert Mason

Robert Mason Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +147
    That must have been his first post game interview.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    I haven't seen him defending the run a whole lot so far so it's tough to make an educated guess about his ability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    I've seen defend some runs in preseason, and there's a reason why you have not seen him doing it very much. Even his pass rush technique is one-note and unpolished, but he plays with a lot of energy and runs to the ball, something that is often lacking in this defense, even if that was not the case last night.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    PFF had Elliott ranked as the second best outside linebacker in run stop percentage during this year's preseason with seven stops on 41 run snaps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    I am unconvinced. The other 34 run snaps against those 2nd. and 3rd. stringers include snaps showing a guy too often out of position. I think he's a still a year away from being a reliable 3-down player, which he may need to be with Perry and Neal in their contract years.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  16. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Would it ever make sense to say 'thank goodness Lacy had to leave the game'? Not really but consider this from Jason Wilde:
    http://www.espnmadison.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=21851&is_corp=1

17. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    I'm not sure that's the reason Elliott was on the field late in the fourth quarter. If I recall it correctly he replaced Mulumba after the latter lost contain on Wilson several times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jetfixer

jetfixer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    I thought all the outside guys looked good, Neal, Perry, and Peppers looked good. If Perry and Neal can stay healthy all year it will be good.

19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Main point he was on the field and produced..I dont think to many people really care what the exact reason was..

20. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    That's right. I too read what captainWIMM's post referred to, but Wilde's story was more fun! (Seriously I don't know which is true.)

• Like Like x 1
  21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    As I´ve said repeatedly Neal made some nice plays defending the run and Perry had a maybe TD saving tackle on Lynch but none of them offered anything rushing the passer. The Packers will need at least one of them to improve in that department though with Matthews playing exclusively inside.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015