1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

JAGS - We miss you

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by spardo62, Sep 10, 2007.

1. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I brought this up in another thread regarding the play of the offensive line, but wanted to start a new thread to see if anyone else has had the same thoughts.

I think that our lack of proficiency in the ZB scheme throughout our 2nd preseason and 1st regular season game, may be directly related to the departure of Jeff Jagodinski. He was really the only coach on the offensive side of the ball that had significant experience in this scheme and it was likely that he had significant input in teaching and scheming for the OL last year. Joe Philbin, James Campen and Jerry Fontenot - while exposed to this scheme and Coach Jagodinski last year - do not seem to have the depth and breadth of knowledge of this scheme one would desire. As such, it could be possible that some of the intricacies of this scheme as being missed or at the least not being communicated effectively.

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    That was a question that I brought up a couple weeks ago.. wether Campen has enough knowledge to teach this system.. Campen was a drive blocker whom played with alot of leverage... not much for timing and precise technique during his playing days..

I am sure it will get straightened out in the next couple of weeks... but again we are showing signs of struggle early... the change we WON :)

3. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No kidding. I thought our O-line blocking was terrible. On the few plays where the ball carrier was in the clear, both Jackson and Wynn have good moves. I see hope there, but for cryin' out loud, our running blocking stinks. (and our pass blocking wasn't much better.)

I think our O line is our weakest link.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We ran the ball pretty well in the last quarter.

This was the first game with live cut blocking....they MIGHT have been a little rusty. Do you think they'll be that bad all year? C'mon now.

5. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bring in alex gibbs as offensive consultant

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Doesn't he sing lead for the "Bee Gees?"
    (J/K!!!) :lol:

7. yooperfan