J bush

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If the price is right keep him. I don't like seeing him too much on defense but on special teams he is great. I don't seeing him staying in Green Bay though, he may be able to get a different team to over pay him and the Packers won't match it.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was making 1.5 mil a year. He deserves a raise though. I'd offer him 2mil a year, take it or leave it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was named a special teams captain for a reason, and it's because he's solid in that role. In that light, I'd love to keep him. I cringe when I see him in coverage, but I feel like he's made improvement in that area over the past couple of years as well, so even as a backup I wouldn't mind so much. Hopefully he'll choose to stay with the Packers under a reasonable contract.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
About the only time this guy plays is special teams and 6 back sets, yet he has had double digit tackles (low though those numbers may be) for all five of the past five years. last year he ended with a sack and a half. I'm easily impressed on certain issues. Resign him, but keep in mind he will never be anything but a special teamer and a back-up. Maybe nickel if House doesn't steal it if and when Shields takes Woodson's spot. nothing over 2, maybe 2.2 mil.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope he's back at a reasonable price. He's only 27 and IMO by far their best gunner on the punt team and overall best coverage guy on STs. He's also the guy Capers uses as the (very) poor man's Charles Woodson. But I don't want to see him as the nickel back unless he improves his coverage skills significantly and at this point of his career that's probably an unrealistic expectation. And regarding the number of snaps in Capers' D, the nickel back is a "starter".

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like bush, I thought he played pretty good in the secondary, I've posted before about bush, I think he can be a good nickel corner

sent from my rooted evo4g

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have reportedly re-signed bush! This is great news honestly.

Looks like it will be a 3 year deal. He helps the depth of this team and his ST play is big time.

Reaction score

Looks like it will be a 3 year deal. He helps the depth of this team and his ST play is big time.
yay! I always liked Jarrett Bush. He is never a distraction to the team and has a great attitude. He's a great nickel corner and I love how he is always improving! Glad he's back!

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now its confirmed

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...-Jarrett-Bush-signs-three-year-deal-Green-Bay

This time around, as an unrestricted free agent, Bush visited the New York Jets over the weekend and the Arizona Cardinals yesterday. He was scheduled to visit the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow.

“I asked him if that’s what he really wanted,” Fox said. “And he said, ‘No, I want to be a Packer.’ That’s what he wanted from the beginning.”

I will be rooting for Jarrett Bush all season!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

Jarrett Bush has really grown on me. He's a ST playmaker and he does a solid job on defense in comparison to previous seasons. One of the most improved aspects of our team in comparison to the 2010 season is special teams. Bush as well as Cobb have been a big part of that.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent!! He was huge on special teams last year and he was one of the few guys other than Rodgers who played inspired ball on every snap. You can tell he wants more and if there is ever a time that Woodson becomes a Safety I think he will be his replacement.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent!! He was huge on special teams last year and he was one of the few guys other than Rodgers who played inspired ball on every snap. You can tell he wants more and if there is ever a time that Woodson becomes a Safety I think he will be his replacement.

I think either someone we draft or who is in house (davon house, get it?) will get the starting nod alongside tramon williams when woodson makes the move. It might be sam shields also. I like jarrett bush as a compliment in the dime and nickel packages and his special teams play can be game changing.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with his resigning. Like others he has grown on me a bit and he adds a lot to special teams. Bush is no where close to being the worst player on the Packers. Hawk wins that honor hands down.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although he is part of the reason that the Steelers were able to come back in the Super Bowl, he also made some great plays at CB in that game. I think that he really matured in 2010 and came into his own on special teams in 2011. Signing him to $2 million or so a year (assumed) is a good deal.

This from the Journal/Sentinel. It says a lot to be double and triple teamed but still tie for the team lead in ST tackles:
Bush played in all 16 games last year and finished tied for the team lead in special teams tackles with CB Pat Lee. Bush, however, was the target of most opponents' blocking schemes and he was often double-teammed and sometimes triple-teammed when he was a gunner on punt coverage.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think either someone we draft or who is in house (davon house, get it?) will get the starting nod alongside tramon williams when woodson makes the move. It might be sam shields also. I like jarrett bush as a compliment in the dime and nickel packages and his special teams play can be game changing.
If there are on 4 db's on the field he is not one of them but in the nickel and dime I see him completely capable of being that roving db like Woodson.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there are on 4 db's on the field he is not one of them but in the nickel and dime I see him completely capable of being that roving db like Woodson.

yea I said nickel or dime, starting typically means the first 2 CB's on the depth chart but that will probably change in time as teams are passing more. To play the rover position like woodson and polamalu play you have to be really athletic, really smart, or both. I don't see jarrett bush being a rover type player like woodson but if you mean sending him on occasional blitzes then I support that to keep the offense guessing.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must admit to being skeptical of him at first but he grew on me last year. I'd like to see him back. I think he was a huge reason our ST wasn't a total disaster. I'd be very concerned with how our ST will perform without him. I like the way he functions on this team and the way he's stepped up. He's certainly not the best player but nonetheless a valuable asset to the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts