I'Ve Had It

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I call for Capers head a lot but maybe it is TT and his Draft picks. He don't seem to get it done on defense.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good players dont get beat that often we just need better guys of defense. Look at the play Hyde made. That was a guy making a play instead of just trying to stop a play. We need more of that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good players dont get beat that often we just need better guys of defense. Look at the play Hyde made. That was a guy making a play instead of just trying to stop a play. We need more of that.
Yes!

I been preaching it for long time..

Let's get others to figure it out

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What did Mm do today that was wrong?
In my humble opinion, I believe that MM went just slightly conservative in the 3rd quarter. Was more focused on trying to burn a little clock, as opposed to being aggressive enough to try and put them away. Considerably more runs from my memory, the stats may not back it up, but situationally, they were definitely some arch conservative run play calls on.

For Capers, I called it when we got up 28-13. Soft coverages, giving up the 10-15 yard play. And it almost came back to bite us in the rear, but Rodgers/Cook/Crosby bailed us out.

We won the game so I'm not going to make a fuss, but it could have really blown up to the degree of the Seattle game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, I believe that MM went just slightly conservative in the 3rd quarter. Was more focused on trying to burn a little clock, as opposed to being aggressive enough to try and put them away. Considerably more runs from my memory, the stats may not back it up, but situationally, they were definitely some arch conservative run play calls on.

For Capers, I called it when we got up 28-13. Soft coverages, giving up the 10-15 yard play. And it almost came back to bite us in the rear, but Rodgers/Cook/Crosby bailed us out.

We won the game so I'm not going to make a fuss, but it could have really blown up to the degree of the Seattle game.

I'm very convinced players suck on Def.. With out Burnet they struggled and it was apparent cuz that's when Dallas started to score

Wssp, ex Packers, Butler, Gary Ellerson and Michaels all agree

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your reachung man.

We started giving up plays because we have like 2 out of 10 guys in the secondary that aren't hurt. It's that simple.

And MM called a pretty damn good game. Not sure wth your complaining about in the 3rd. To pUT this in percpective we put up 34, 13 in the 2nd half, with no Jordy and a hobbled Adams and a Cobb one game removed from sitting out weeks with a back injury

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Your reachung man.

We started giving up plays because we have like 2 out of 10 guys in the secondary that aren't hurt. It's that simple.

And MM called a pretty damn good game. Not sure wth your complaining about in the 3rd. To pUT this in percpective we put up 34, 13 in the 2nd half, with no Jordy and a hobbled Adams and a Cobb one game removed from sitting out weeks with a back injury
I didn't bring it up, so I am certainly not complaining. Just throwing in my two cents. Like I said, from my memory, there were more run calls in the 3rd quarter than maybe the 1st and 2nd Q combined. It's just the way that it seemed to me. Maybe I am misremembering, I'll have to wait until I re-watch the game to know for sure.

But we were passing the ball at WILL in the first half. 191 yards for Rodgers. You said it yourself, we scored more in the first half than the second.

Like I said, for the game as a whole, McCarthy called a very good game. But, in my opinion, which could be wrong, I felt as if he got a little too conservative for 2 or 3 drives in a row and got away from the aggressive quick striking pass offense that got us the huge lead in the early part of the 1st half. It was too early to start killing clock.

On the defense, I acknowledge the injuries and adversity, but even the announcers were alluding to the soft coverages in the 2nd half. We were playing 5-7 yards off of the ball, not challenging the receivers at all on the LOS, and we were routinely giving up 10-15 yard chunks that allowed the Cowboys to get back in the game.

Again, I am not going to make a huge fuss about this because we won the football game, and as a whole it was an outstanding team effort, but I was responding to a comment made by another poster, and gave my opinion.

When we go to Matt Ryan, we better remain aggressive for the entire game or we will lose in a shootout.

Go Pack go!

Reaction score
The D has to get better. They must. What happens if Rodgers has an off game?
Considering somebody on defense goes down every game and they weren't great to begin with, at this point the game plan is just to hope we can outgun the opponent offensively like today. The remaining teams are the Falcons, Steelers and Patriots. It won't get any better for this secondary

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't know anymore. My soul is crushed. Capers gotta go now. Fire TT maybe. This hurts.
um.............The Packers are playing for the NFC Championship next week and then onto the super bowl. Would you like him fired right now, after they win next weekend or after they win the super bowl? Yes, it's frustrating at times, but they are rolling right now.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First, 2011. Second, although it'd be hard to say the O was really down in any of the four straight losses, having the other guys score a minimum of 31 points does make winning a lot harder.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't bring it up, so I am certainly not complaining. Just throwing in my two cents. Like I said, from my memory, there were more run calls in the 3rd quarter than maybe the 1st and 2nd Q combined. It's just the way that it seemed to me. Maybe I am misremembering, I'll have to wait until I re-watch the game to know for sure.

But we were passing the ball at WILL in the first half. 191 yards for Rodgers. You said it yourself, we scored more in the first half than the second.

Like I said, for the game as a whole, McCarthy called a very good game. But, in my opinion, which could be wrong, I felt as if he got a little too conservative for 2 or 3 drives in a row and got away from the aggressive quick striking pass offense that got us the huge lead in the early part of the 1st half. It was too early to start killing clock.

On the defense, I acknowledge the injuries and adversity, but even the announcers were alluding to the soft coverages in the 2nd half. We were playing 5-7 yards off of the ball, not challenging the receivers at all on the LOS, and we were routinely giving up 10-15 yard chunks that allowed the Cowboys to get back in the game.

Again, I am not going to make a huge fuss about this because we won the football game, and as a whole it was an outstanding team effort, but I was responding to a comment made by another poster, and gave my opinion.

When we go to Matt Ryan, we better remain aggressive for the entire game or we will lose in a shootout.

Go Pack go!

So you said conservative and I asked why, then you say you didn't bring it up?

Okay.

Now your saying you think, or seemed that he was conservative?

I'll. Just leave that there

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thanks, Packer Brother, for an OP to which I can turn for a good grin whenever the forum is getting a little heavy. :tup:;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately the Packers defense doesn't have enough talent to play any better. The team has to rely on Rodgers playing at an elite level to win another two games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Packers defense doesn't have enough talent to play any better. The team has to rely on Rodgers playing at an elite level to win another two games.
Rodgers should, he's the man. We need Burnett back, and if he is and can be effective I think our defense is good enough.

They are who they are. Nobody can expect Josh Hawkins and Gunter to lock anybody down 1 on 1. They can however come up big at specific times and give our offense the opportunity to do what they need to do. It's who this team is. It doesn't get any easier next week. I think our front guys will be able to get a bit more pressure that could help, but I think their offense is more explosive than Dallas was overall in terms of play makers at skill positions.

A fast start of offense and use our offense to pressure their offense will help this defense. But we need a healthy Burnett

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How do l delete this thread? I feel shame...

Since I didn't see this emoticon used yet... :poop:

Suck it up Buttercup.

Witness protection is the only answer for you! If it makes you feel any better, you could have woken up a Cowboys fan this morning. :tup:

I will admit, when our lead started dwindling and Over Time looked like a distinct possibility and not liking our chances in OT, I figured if we lost yesterday, Fire Capers and/or TT would be the hottest threads in the forum today.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers had the ball twice in the 3rd. One drive went for TD.

The other puts up points if not for a badly thrown pick. That deep ball probably puts Dallas away if it was completed.

The Packers moved the ball well during the quarter. I'm not seeing it as conservative at all.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had the ball twice in the 3rd. One drive went for TD.

The other puts up points if not for a badly thrown pick. That deep ball probably puts Dallas away if it was completed.

The Packers moved the ball well during the quarter. I'm not seeing it as conservative at all.
Agreed. My only issue with conservative play calling came on the second to last drive that ultimately forced Crosby to make that 56 yarder. It seemed that once the Packers got to the 35 that running it twice to kill clock was McCarthy's goal. I would have much rather seen a continuation of the agressive calls that got the the lead in the first place.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Fire Ted Thompson now! It's his fault we're in this terrible "backs to the wall" predicament. He should have foreseen we'd have injuries to all of our top DB's and WR's and had us stacked with great players 8 deep at these positions. (Tic)

Seriously though, am I the only one that is giddy over the amazing two month transformation from train wreck to juggernaut. Dang, it's so much fun enjoying their success after overcoming so much adversity! I'm so proud of the entire organization.

D

Deleted member 6794

Fire Ted Thompson now! It's his fault we're in this terrible "backs to the wall" predicament. He should have foreseen we'd have injuries to all of our top DB's and WR's and had us stacked with great players 8 deep at these positions. (Tic)

Thompson is for sure to blame for not improving the cornerback position once it became abundantly clear it was in dire need of an upgrade early this season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts