It's July, where's the draft choices' signature?

Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Still no announcements.

Is Brett Swain really that difficult to sign??

Ted's on vacation I hear

Hm. Do you mean to imply that Ted's the one who is responsible for signing picks? I thought it was the job of Russ Ball. You know, the guy hired to replace Andrew Brandt, who used to be responsible for negotiating the contracts.

Or perhaps you mean to imply that maybe the deals are in place, and Ted hasn't given them the 'ok' yet. If so, then I don't think there is anything wrong with that / any reason to take a jab at Ted. If the deal(s) only need Ted's approval, then it isn't as if there needs to be a rush placed on Ted approving the contracts. I'm pretty sure there are more pressing matters that Ted should be attending to (ie Favre situatoin) before looking over the contracts to give the final "looks good".

Or you are simply trying to take a jab at Ted for not replying to Favre's messages properly. In which case that post doesn't really belong in this thread. I can understand you not agreeing with the way Ted is going about things in regards to Favre, but to come into other threads about other topics and take jabs at Ted for his mishandling (according to you) of the situation isn't really productive, is it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
July 23 - Packers Sign Draft Picks Bishop, Crosby
July 25 - Packers Sign Draft Pick Jackson
July 24 - Packers Sign Draft Pick Hall
July 27 - Packers Sign Draft Pick Harrell
July 27 - Packers Sign Draft Pick Jones

July 7 - Packers Sign Draft Choice Jolly
July 11 - Packers Sign Draft Choice Culver
July 14 - Packers Sign Draft Choice Blackmon
July 18 - Packers Sign Draft Choice Moll
July 25 - Packers Sign Draft Pick Rodgers
July 26 - Spitz Signed,
July 27 - Green Bay Signs Colledge, Martin
July 28 - Packers Sign Guard Tupe Peko; Hodge
July 29 - AJ Hawk, No. 5 Overall Selection, Signs With Packers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moral of the post?

Past 2 years, 90% or more of draft choices didn't get signed until middle or later in July..We aren't even in middle of July yet.

DON'T WORRY

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Still no announcements.

Is Brett Swain really that difficult to sign??

Ted's on vacation I hear

Hm. Do you mean to imply that Ted's the one who is responsible for signing picks? I thought it was the job of Russ Ball. You know, the guy hired to replace Andrew Brandt, who used to be responsible for negotiating the contracts.

Or perhaps you mean to imply that maybe the deals are in place, and Ted hasn't given them the 'ok' yet. If so, then I don't think there is anything wrong with that / any reason to take a jab at Ted. If the deal(s) only need Ted's approval, then it isn't as if there needs to be a rush placed on Ted approving the contracts. I'm pretty sure there are more pressing matters that Ted should be attending to (ie Favre situatoin) before looking over the contracts to give the final "looks good".

Or you are simply trying to take a jab at Ted for not replying to Favre's messages properly. In which case that post doesn't really belong in this thread. I can understand you not agreeing with the way Ted is going about things in regards to Favre, but to come into other threads about other topics and take jabs at Ted for his mishandling (according to you) of the situation isn't really productive, is it?

Wow, just stating the obvious, really didn't put that much thought into it. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

July 26 - Spitz Signed,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moral of the post?

Past 2 years, 90% or more of draft choices didn't get signed until middle or later in July..We aren't even in middle of July yet.

DON'T WORRY

Good job LT going back and looking all of this up.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weren't things going to heat up after the 4th of July vacations???

If Andrew Brandt was always slow and only once got all the picks signed before the start of training camp, why should the new guy be slow??

Wouldn't the new guy, Russ Ball, want to start early to make a good impression on his new employer??

The Bears and the Dolphins seem to be getting it done. In fact the Bears have placed an emphasis on getting this done ever since the foolish hold out of Cedric Benson.

Poor Ol' Coston had to push the Packers to get on the ball so he could sign.

At this point the Packers have to get one signed every 48 hours to get the picks in on time.

Perhaps the Packers just don't care if rookies miss part of Training camp.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Were you out of the planet this week or something. I think things have heated up plenty.

I hope we don't sign anyone until November.

Why don't you sign them? You seem to know exactly how it should be done.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

Were you out of the planet this week or something. I think things have heated up plenty.

I hope we don't sign anyone until November.

Why don't you sign them? You seem to know exactly how it should be done.

I like the way you attack people for having different opinions than you. You're becoming more and more like trom every day.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
You're becoming more and more like trom every day.

Good. That is a compliment to me. He at least researches what he has to say before he says it.

What research bank do you guys pull from? Your previous posts?

1. I read more Packer literature last hour than you have this month.

2. Point not valid

3. Batman

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) the first post I researched some information on each of the agents.

2) if any of the Packers 2008 draft picks have been signed then please share where that information was obtained.

3) Is there anything posted that is factually incorrect?

The guy who replaced Andrew Brandt should try to make the effort to get the draft picked signed. Other teams seem to be well along in the process.

If there is some media article in the future on the guy staying up past midnight working on these contracts it is his fault for waiting until the last minute.

If he had done one a week he would be finished.

18 days...9 draft picks....plus Ryan Grant. The league has to approve them before they are official and that adds time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

2) if any of the Packers 2008 draft picks have been signed then please share where that information was obtained.

The guy who replaced Andrew Brandt should try to make the effort to get the draft picked signed. Other teams seem to be well along in the process.

If there is some media article in the future on the guy staying up past midnight working on these contracts it is his fault for waiting until the last minute.

If he had done one a week he would be finished.

18 days...9 draft picks....plus Ryan Grant. The league has to approve them before they are official and that adds time.

July 26 - Spitz Signed,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moral of the post?

DON'T WORRY

Reaction score

Perhaps the agents and Russ Ball have begun having discussions, which would mean things have heated up indeed.

Wouldn't the new guy, Russ Ball, want to start early to make a good impression on his new employer??

Well if I remember what Ted said after the draft, Russ Ball was with the Packers in the war room helping contact teams that might be interested in a trade with the Packers.

That's got to be a bonus, seeing as that wasn't what Russ Ball was hired to do as the lead negotiator for contracts. A 'I'll help in what ever way I can' attitude (which seems to be what Russ Ball has adapted) should certainly empress his employers.

The Bears and the Dolphins seem to be getting it done. In fact the Bears have placed an emphasis on getting this done ever since the foolish hold out of Cedric Benson.

Cali, when did the Dolphins and Bears actually become the gold standard of NFL teams?

Look at New England for example. I don't believe they have signed more than one draft pick (Mathew Slater)...

Perhaps the Packers just don't care if rookies miss part of Training camp.

That is an unfair statement IMO. How many players in the last 6-7 years have missed TC due to a lack of contract signed? The only name I can remember is AJ Hawk, and even then I believe he missed half of the first TC practice.

This isn't an issue, we still have a boatload of time to get the draft picks signed. Once again, there is no prize for being the first team to sign all your draft picks.

Reaction score

Indeed you did, it was a solid and well researched post.

Don't let it bother you if PackOne or someone else comes off as being too harsh in their post, they take issue with your opinion, and not with you the actual person.

Technically no, but I would take issue with you being upset that the Packers have yet to sign draft picks, and then pointing to the Dolphins and Bears as examples of how things should be done.

Many of the better front office teams have yet to make a dent in getting their draft picks signed, with the Pats being the primary examples. I think the Pats have signed only one of their picks thus far.

Members online

Latest posts