Is this the worst draft in this decade for the Packers?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2010-2020 both inclusive.

A depressing year just turned more bleak. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the season just to rub it in.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
IM on drugs right? We didnt just draft a RB right? in the Second round? I mean Aaron Jones did slack a little bit with only getting 19tds last year!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not liked our picks but no one can judge a draft this quickly. I say 3 years before placing judgement.

That said "fit wise" this is an insane draft IMO

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta wait the 3 years. So far definitely has some WTF quality to it.
What bothers me is this franchise seems to take an out of left field approach to the draft. Why all these puzzling moves?

Steven J. Weissmann

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both top picks are backups. I doubt they'd see the field much in 3 years. Dillon probably might in 2 years, but Love certainly ain't going to.
I disagree. I think Dillon will see the field more this season than you think. Running backs often are key contributors in their rookie seasons, while wide receivers are rarely able to contribute much. I agree where Love is concerned though and am shocked they used their top 2 picks to select guys who will not be starters barring injuries.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely post anymore because for some reason this site refuses to work on my computer. Gute and MLF, this is over their heads. We are Fked. No way a team with an owner picks the way we have the last 2 years. We are the laughing stock of the draft and since we don't have an owner these clowns will be here 4 years longer than they should be just like MM. If I'm AR I'm telling my agent get me out of this train wreck. Wonder what our two DE FA from last year are thinking? Kenny Clark? We could have drafted ANY position except QB and we would all understand. Then follow that up with a RB in the 2nd? unfing believable.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday I wrote Gute is in rebuilding mode. Picking a rb when you have a talent like Jones proves my point. Either Gute is a clueless idiot or he was convinced by the two drubbings that the Packers took by the Niners that the team can't be fixed and its rebuilding time.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday I wrote Gute is in rebuilding mode. Picking a rb when you have a talent like Jones proves my point. Either Gute is a clueless idiot or he was convinced by the two drubbings that the Packers took by the Niners that the team can't be fixed and its rebuilding time.
which would mean Bakh, Clark & Jones will be gone after '20, Gute will rejoice with 3rd round comp picks, and AR gets traded in '22 when contract allows? I'm working on a new avatar :( .

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2015 the only one that rivals it and that was do to a lack of talent at need positions and the refusal to draft BPA.

After this debacle I wouldn't complain if we fired Gute tomorrow

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
2015 the only one that rivals it and that was do to a lack of talent at need positions and the refusal to draft BPA.

After this debacle I wouldn't complain if we fired Gute tomorrow

Fredrik... you've been off to such a great start here. Please don't go over the deep end.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not liking this draft at all, but let's not pretend that Jones has been an iron horse for us. Last year he was great but before that he was limited by injuries and his availability was inconsistent. That TE pick though wtf.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picks have been questionable so far, but it's impossible to say for a few years. I remember our 2015 class getting some good reviews initially by the "experts," only for that class to be a disaster.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love? Ok, I can make the math work.

Dillon? Contract year for Jones, but seems a stretch given...

DeGuara? Who?!?

I'm no GM. I trust our front office. Maybe they've seen something in our WR/ ILB group that has them firm.

All 3 picks can be explained, but none make a ton of sense outside a vacuum.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you’re correct on both counts

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fredrik... you've been off to such a great start here. Please don't go over the deep end.
Sorry but a QB, RB, TE is the worst possible draft we could have.

I've seen mocks done by bears/viqueen fans trying to give us bad players that are better than this heck I would take the NFL.com mock I posted on my worst draft takes thread over this.

This draft so far has been more painful than the 2014 Championship game.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sorry but a QB, RB, TE is the worst possible draft we could have.

I've seen mocks done by bears/viqueen fans trying to give us bad players that are better than this heck I would take the NFL.com mock I posted on my worst draft takes thread over this.

This draft so far has been more painful than the 2014 Championship game.

The players haven't done anything yet...

If Love is the next franchise QB? If Dillon is a productive part of the offense? Would that really mean it was the worst draft of the decade just because we didn't get the positions we all expected?

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The upside to this is we’ll be picking in the top five or six for many years to come after this year
The downside will be that these idiots will be able to screw up even higher selections

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a brutal draft. I get having to "wait and see" on picks, but literally best case scenario, Love doesn't start for several years, Dillon replaces Jamaal Williams this year and DeGuara fills in as a serviceable H back type. There's no spinning this into anything where we get any amount of real production out of anyone in our draft in 2020.

They are building for an outdated rushing offense in an era where the passing game has never been so emphasized and important.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No...what we did in '81 was way worse...and yes I read the question correctly, but we're back in the G*D D*MN M**HERF***ING 80's again!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm falling back on the fact that I know a lot less than I thought I did about the state of the Packers. I am convincing myself that what I thought were glaring holes at a minimum of 3 positions (WR, ILB, DL) were actually positions that were just a year away from having guys step up to fill and be quality starters. This years draft was merely to fill the holes that Gute and MLF realized we would have in 3 years, after we win 2 consecutive Super Bowls.

Whewwww... I feel so much better.

Latest posts