Is this the end for Brady Poppinga in Green Bay?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Poppinga gets traded, he has the most experience out of all the OLB's we have anyway. Plus he's not that bad on special teams which is really going to factor into TT's decision to keep him.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they should use Chillar at OLB last year already. I tend to agree, Popinga will Not be gone unless somebody really steps up and shows something special. For some reason, they have always like the guy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Obiozor fallen out of favor? I thought he showed flashes last year and am hopeful he turns into a decent player.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they should use Chillar at OLB last year already. I tend to agree, Popinga will Not be gone unless somebody really steps up and shows something special. For some reason, they have always like the guy.
I agree... I thought Chill would be a nice fit at OLB with his skillz.
But with no cap this year, I see no way in hell that they get rid of Poppinga this year, unless they can bring on Lights Out, which as we know is extremely unrealistic to imagine from this regime.

TEXASPACKERBACKER, nice to see another die-hard cheesehead down here in Tejas. I am in Frisco, you?
By the way, you have 8 total posts, and registered in 2006, so this is it for the year for you I guess huh? About 1 post per year? :haha:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we let him go without bringing someone else in, so im guessing next season would be more likely.

ttorc

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
Discount Sports jerseys
$39.99 Free Shipping
Maybe u can have a try

www dot bbeststore dot com

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure the money that Poppinga is pulling in, but he may be making too much just to stay on STeams. Tough competition at LB on this team. Barnett, AJ and Matthews are pretty awsome.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should be fun to keep an eye on when the preseason games are on, I definitely agree with chilliar over poppinga as OLB...remember that sack against cutler in week 1? I don't recall anyone in all the games (including non-packer games) I've watched making such an athletic move to avoid the block and get a sack...not bad for a backer from the Rams....I think our pass rush will be much improved by the LB core, however....I am skeptical about the pass coverage from all positions

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they keep him. The linebackers will be working hard in this scheme and he will be a solid sub when one of the others need a breather.