1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this guy better than Michael Jordan?

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by CashInFist, Feb 29, 2016.

1. CashInFist

CashInFist Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +68
    Ok. I haven't followed the NBA for a real long time now. My son asks me out of the blue to watch this guy Stephen Curry play just a couple of nights ago. He said he was better than LeBron, I said sure, let's do it. He wanted my evaluation of his skills.

Ok, now here is what happened:

Am I witnessing the for the first time in my life, a player better than Michael Jordan?

2. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,890
    Nahhh......Michael Jordon would have made all those shots that Curry missed but got fouled on. :coffee:

Can this Curry guy play football?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I first became aware of Curry when he led 10th-seeded Davidson to a victory over the 3rd seeded Badgers in the 2008 NCAA tournament to advance to the regional finals. He scored 30 points and was amazing. I don’t watch much NBA basketball but my impression is Michael Jordan is a much better all-around player while Curry is one of the best shooters in NBA history. It’s tough to compare big men like Abdul-Jabbar to others but I consider Michael Jordan the best “small” man ever to play in the NBA.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Steph Curry is without a doubt someone nobody has ever seen before. He basically has the green light to shoot from mid-court in and he makes a majority of them. He is a video game being played out in real life. He is IMO the best pure shooter in NBA history.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Absolutely not. Basketball is more than scoring. Lets see a near complete body of work before we anoint him in the top 10 of all time conversation.

Jordan once punched Curry's coach in the face though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers 1. FC Eintracht Bamberg

Ratings:
    +947
    Can he score a goal with his left foot? Otherwise, I never heard of the guy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Itkovian

Itkovian Perpetual Realist

Ratings:
    +212
    Curry may one day rank as the best pure shooter in basketball history, but he has a long way to go to even compare to Michael Jordan as a player overall.

Give it time, enjoy the ride, and put him in the hall when his day is up. Everyone wants to rush to announce the next king these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I mean a 53 yr old jordan is a bit slower than in his prime. Curry is probably better right now tbh. Close though

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Hes already broke the NBA record for 3 pointers in a single season with 25 games left to go, LOL. Hes won an NBA Title and well on his way to another. Hes also well on his way to an MVP Trophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,771
    Someone has to sustain a lot for quite a long time for me to even consider it. He's good, no doubt about that, and playing at a high level. For now. But he's got a long ways to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    You musted have missed the part where I said basketball is more than scoring. To put him in top 10 top 5 is just ridiculous and ignorant of history.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Give me 5 years of playing like this and we can talk top 10. He just had his first signature game and everyone who doesn't follow ball is ready to call him the greatest LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +33
    I don't claim to know basketball, but he'll probably need to be consistent for quite some time before he's also on the pedestal. What he's doing right now is remarkable, even casual/non fans like myself are getting hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    It's actually even his first season averaging over 25 ppg. Just for comparisons sake, LeBron has had 10 such seasons.

15. CashInFist

CashInFist Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +68
    It's the only game I ever watched him play.

16. CashInFist

CashInFist Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +68
    I read he is also top 4 in steals per game. Not that that is all there is to on defense, but everything I read is that he is pretty good at it.

17. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    I remember the fade away jumper to win the game when Jordan was so sick with the flu that he could hardly stand up. If he wasn't the greatest of all time, he is high on the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Bill Russell Kareem and MJ are pretty much the only ones to be in the discussion imo

20. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Curry will without question, be the 3 point king when he retires. He'll blow the door off the all time makes record.

• Agree Agree x 1