1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a nightmare???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chamuko, Aug 26, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    wow...already people are predicting last place off of one preseason game. that is so stupid, it makes my head hurt. wow...just...wow.

didnt the 96 superbowl champ team get blown out in a preseason game? ANSWER: Yes. Cmon guys....stop being stupid.

was it ugly...most definitely...is it the end of the world...no. it was a good learning experience for a lot of people. a good whoopin can do a lot.

2. MassPackAttack

MassPackAttack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We got blown out last week too...and we did not exact roll over the Chargers.

Three games and no improvement over the last game of the '04 season...

For years, special teams have been a problem, D-line has been a problem and the offensive play calling is suspect (not the mention some of Brett's passes).

It's not to early to be very very concerned about these recurring nightmares

3. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Talk to me trodmaz. Will it all be OK?

4. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This was ugly tonight. Hopefully not an ugly regular season.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Bretts passes are always suspect. but that doesnt stop you from cheering when he threads it between 2 safeties. But a couple ints in a preseason game...get him out of there.

A lot of these games are only the first game for some people...Al has seen MINIMAL time due to injury...the DTs havent seen ONE SNAP. ONE SNAP! The d line is suspect? You mean the starting D LINE that DID NOT PLAY?! If anything, be worried about injuries, not the final score of a week #3 preseason game. Yikes...ridiculous.

6. MassPackAttack

MassPackAttack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How is it that there was a Pat open on almost every play and yet we seemed to have no one open?

Pat's cover is excellent?

Pat's offensive plan is brillant?

Rossely is a boob?

Bates needs to be more proactive?

SO MANY QUESTIONS SO FEW QUESTIONS.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    pats cover and offensive plan usually are borderline brilliant. were the 2 championships in 3 years luck?

8. ldlehrer

ldlehrer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    BJ Sanders is punting well!

BJ Sanders is punting well. I can not think of many positives this preseason. Favre played well, until today.
    Our Packers better improve alot or they will embarrass themselves this year.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    come on...i cant believe you guys are giving up cuz favre had a bad day. the defense is something to work on..special teams will get straightened out as guys start to get cut...but you guys werent worried about that, you were too busy hopping on stubhub.com and selling your season tickets...amazing.

10. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    One thing for sure. The lack of depth is glaring.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    depth where? WR depth is good. Dline depth is decent. not a bunch of pro bowlers, but a lot of guys to put in. LbsDbs are...lacking depth...thats the only area I see.

12. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    None of the above.
    The answer to that question is.......
    The Packers defense is real bad.

13. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with you on the LB's and DB's however, I disagree on the DL.

N.E. got 155 yds rushing last night, a 4.55 avg. If Jackson gets back in the line-up there is no doubt he will make a huge (pun intended) impact. Hunt is out to lunch, perhaps permanently. We do have talent but, these guys are young and nobody has stepped forward big time yet.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    KGB=top 5 in sacks
    Jenkins=was as productive as Hunt in less time played as hunt last year
    Kampman=...well..he has heart!

Just wait till the big 2 fat guys get back...a lot of juding is going on about a line thats not gonna see a lot of playing time in 2 weeks.

15. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It's true that Grady will help, but the lack of depth is concerning, and Mass did a decent job on TV last night of pointing out KGBs deficiencies as a run stopper. He's a one-trick-pony when it comes to the pass rush too.

With that said, it looks like there is reason for optimism in both the secondary and the LBs, esp the way Lenon appears to be stepping up.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree. I will be the first to admit KGB is not a good run defender. He does some good things sometimes..but if im a coach..im running to his side. His pass rush abilities ARE good though, and i cant deny him that.

At least one thing KGB has is speed..so he can catch up to him after he gets passed. :)