Is Teddy passing the Buck on Brett???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this has been discussed, but i guess you wanted your opinion to have its own thread.

"I think it's possible that there are players that might consider the Packers more attractive if Brett was our quarterback today," Thompson said.

If you think thats false, then(bites tongue) ..good for you.

Ive said this since free agency began. Bretts indecision has already hurt us on getting quality QBs if he decides to retire(which i hope he doesnt..ever!) and it probably is a question incoming players have, and want to know.

You think Moulds wants to come to a small market team and try and catch passes from Aaron Rodgers ...or Brett Favre?

cmon...

But yeah, hes passing the buck...sure. no, hes telling the truth.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think TT was being honest about the situation - period. maybe that wasn't exactly the PC way of handling things but he said it. do i think these few comments made by TT will have any affect on whether brett returns or not? hell no!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
this has been discussed, but i guess you wanted your opinion to have its own thread.

"I think it's possible that there are players that might consider the Packers more attractive if Brett was our quarterback today," Thompson said.

If you think thats false, then(bites tongue) ..good for you.

Ive said this since free agency began. Bretts indecision has already hurt us on getting quality QBs if he decides to retire(which i hope he doesnt..ever!) and it probably is a question incoming players have, and want to know.

You think Moulds wants to come to a small market team and try and catch passes from Aaron Rodgers ...or Brett Favre?

cmon...

But yeah, hes passing the buck...sure. no, hes telling the truth.

If that's the case then TT should be fired. He went out of his way to say over and over that Brett and his family needs to take their time. Now all of a sudden he has been hamstrung. If he really said this and is not misquoted then he should be fired. Something tells me this is being blown out of proportion, but if not, I've lost faith in Harpo!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he gave brett time, a LOT of time...time that has affected possible free agent signings.

he probably assumed(i would have anyway, i dont know about tt) bretts decision woulda been made by now, since last years 'brett favre saga' ended before the fanfest.

well the fanfest has passed...free agents continue to not know who GBs QB is...you think TO or a Moulds dont wanna know?

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT had said that having Favre on board does not make Green Bay any more attractive to free agents, a lot of people would blast him for insulting Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, TT is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt i guess, right?

sigh...

HURRY UP DRAFT! lol

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, TT is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt i guess, right?

sigh...

HURRY UP DRAFT! lol

You TT lovers are scrambling now. Relax, he'll be OK. He's just making mistakes from inexperience.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think hes making a mistake in this. He needs to know if his QB is gonna be there or not. And Javon is making him look like a punk, the man has to take a stand.

Im a TT-Supporter. I dont love men...anymore.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I dont think hes making a mistake in this. He needs to know if his QB is gonna be there or not. And Javon is making him look like a punk, the man has to take a stand.

Im a TT-Supporter. I dont love men...anymore.

Well if that's the case he should have told Favre privately what that deadline is. Something tells me they already have either an answer or a deadline. At least I would hope that TT has the management skills to obtain that.

Where his latest statement about free agents and Favre came from, I don't know.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent piece Chamuko. We were starting to debate this on another thread but your article does serve this topic well. The deflection of blame on to Brett has been noticed by others as well.

I understand the arguement that trom and others make in that Green Bay might seem to be more desirable if Brett was here, however, I always felt right from the begining that a good GM would have made both "decisions and statements" that would have made Brett feel better about returning sooner.

In my opinion, as well as many others now, if TT had done this, we would not be waiting for Brett's decision still and Green Bay would look a little more attractive right now.

The Bottom line is though it's the GM that should be building this team, not Brett and how dare TT start deflecting any possible blame on to him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how saying "GB is a more attractive place if Favre is here" is blaming favre. Ohhh, jeez.

for those of you(yes YOU) who wanted TO a month ago, you think he woulda considered it with this current situation of QB limbo? I dont think he would have..do you?

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never want TO on our team he wasnt changed at all and he is making raps about the eagles but I have to agree i dont think he would want to come here unless he knew who the QB is going to be and if it is #4 or not

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Title of this thread :

LoL, has anyone ever seen TT take a Buck out of his wallet ?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Title of this thread :

LoL, has anyone ever seen TT take a Buck out of his wallet ?

that was funny.

hes passing the dime.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free agency is all about the money to most of these guys folks!

Most of these players could care less if T.J. Rubley was the starting QB as long as they got their money. Everybody knows that Brett is at the end of his career and for anybody to think (including Teddy) that playing with Brett is a huge drawing card is being delusional.